The missed Opportunity | Teen Ink

The missed Opportunity

By onegirlandapen PLATINUM, Madera, California
onegirlandapen PLATINUM, Madera, California

"For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

For some reason, we were talking about death today in my art class. My art teacher mentioned that she would like to be cremated and she hoped that in the afterlife she would come back as a dog. I looked up and said, "You really believe that?" She said, "Yes, don't you?" I shook my head and said, "I believe in God."
I should have explained that I believe everyone goes to either Heaven or Hell, that its based on your personal relationship with Jesus Christ, not your good deeds. I felt awful. I really like my art teacher. She's great, however, she is a very lost person. I feel absolutely awful that I didn't take the opportunity I was given to tell her the truth. Someday, I know that I'll stand in Heaven and I'll see her in Hell and she'll call out, "Ashley, why didn't you tell me the truth?" That's what I want to know. I had the opportunity today, why didn't I say anything? Why?

Liza said...
I wanted a essay not a story...