What Is Halloween Really? | Teen Ink

What Is Halloween Really?

October 29, 2015
By Psquared GOLD, Poughkeepsie, New York
Psquared GOLD, Poughkeepsie, New York
16 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
If you want it, Go get it, no matter what it is in the way or the sacrifice for it.


The so called holiday, Halloween is believed to Christians to be a satanic and demonic holiday, or Christians would say Satan’s birthday. But I think that Christians are saying the wrong things and are making assumptions about this holiday. In today’s world, Halloween is full of satanic and demonic practices and of satanic and demonic origins, but is Halloween a holiday or Holy-day?

Halloween is believed by many Christians to be the devil’s birthday. Halloween is also known as All Saints’ Eve. Now, look at the words; All Saints. Halloween was a day believed 2,000 years ago by Celts who were in Ireland at the time. It was a day to celebrate the transformation of the fall equinox to the winter solstice, but it was also a bad day because in the evening of Halloween it was believed that the ghost of the dead came back to start trouble or harm their crops (Hint: that’s probably why pumpkins are carved). So to keep these ghosts away the Celts did not want the ghosts to come and harm their crops. They gathered together and made large bonfires around their crops to keep these ghosts away. A Celtic priest, AKA druids, was believed that on Halloween they can predict the future because the portal between worlds would be open. Now as you see, Halloween was not meant to be a satanic day, the Celtic people did not want evil to happen, so they tried to keep away the ghosts and avoid them.

Halloween is known to be a satanic day, but not really. Even though Halloween was made by the Celts who worshipped pagan gods, it is a holiday or Holy day that Satan has manipulated the minds of Christians, to make them think that it is a day we do not celebrate and do nothing. As Christians we know that Satan is a liar. He is wrong. It is a day celebrated by family’s to remember and revisit their dead relatives. For us Christians it is supposed to be a day that we come to remember the lost people of our lives and pray for the world’s problems and situations that are going on currently and pray for those who lost their loved ones.

Over the past 2,000 years, Satan has done some things to Halloween. He has blinded the Christians spiritually by keeping their minds unnoticed about his acts on Halloween and what he has done on Halloween. The reason why people think Halloween is a satanic day is because bad things have happened on Halloween and spirits have been out on Halloween because of the Devil’s influence and attack. People have been killed on Halloween because of the Devil’s oppression on them. People have been raped, robbed, threatened, and harmed on Halloween because of the Devil’s oppression against the world. He wants Christians to not pray because he knows that when we do pray, God will do as you have asked. Now look at the basketball team the Boston Celtics. The word Celtics come from the people in Ireland who believed that they were going to be oppressed by ghosts. Now, look at Massachusetts. Salem, MA, is said to be the 5th most haunted place in America. People saying they have seen ghosts in hotels. Boston and Salem is very close together as cities of Massachusetts. Demonic practices have been practiced there since the hotels in Salem have been said to be haunted. He is in the names; watch the words in all these places, the names of all these places. Satan has blinded the Christian body of what Halloween really is; people do bad stuff on this holiday that causes demons and demonic spirits to come out this day.

Since Satan has blinded the Christians from this holiday that really is supposed to be a Christian holiday. Things go wrong on this holiday. That is why it is a day that we pray for the world’s situations and problems, and that’s why we also pray for those who lost their loved ones. Halloween is not Satan’s birthday, but it is a day for all the Christians to come out together to remember their loved ones and pray for everyone.

If any questions about this please comment on it!


The author's comments:

On halloween we all need to pray for the world's situations and promblems it has. I am a minister, and Halloween is not supposed to be a satanic day.