Female Football Player Rights | Teen Ink

Female Football Player Rights

By brokendreamer GOLD, Otis, Maine
brokendreamer GOLD, Otis, Maine

I believe that the National Football League (NFL) and Colleges in the United states should discuss creating a professional football league and college league for women. Yes, girls can play football in high school and some play recreationally, but they should allow us to play in college and professionally also! Being a tomboy, I play football often during my daily school break, and find a lot of fun in the activity. I'm sure I speak for some of the female race when I state that it is unfair for us women not being able to play football professionally/in college by law!

As I stated earlier, I play football recreationally with a lot of the guys in my middle school. I am the only female to play the sport there, but I am also one of the best! I can throw a perfect spiral a good thirty yards, I can run faster than 98% of the guys in my middle school, and am one of the best recievers our teams have. I played flag football when I was in elementary school, and am considering playing in high school. But here's where I'm at a loss: Why play in high school if I can't continue to play in college and in my adult life AFTER college like I can in the other sports I participate in? There isn't a point. Which is also why I'm stressing the fact that the NFL and colleges nation wide should hear me out. I think it would be worth while, and would NOT be a waste of our time and money. I can only assume this, but a lot of women out of the American population do play football, and some may want to play professionally, me being one of the main contenders. So, can someone PLEASE tell me, why CAN'T we play?

I wrote this because I feel us women have just as much of a right to play football as men do.

We think girls should be in the NFLbecause women should have more rights to play more sports.Females do not have many sports or rights as men.If they should be able to play high school football,but not college? women are as strong or can be stronger than men.Rhonda Rousey,Liz carmouwzhe,Vanzant,Cat Zingano,miesshatate are some examples of strong women.Women need the same rights as men do in the U.S.A The other side might say they are not allowed to play football because they too weak and can get easier than men.The argument is that the weakness of that women can juke men and can be stronger or as strong as men. They could plow over men. That's our opinion about women playing football in college and the nfl.

The women want to be paid the same amount of money as the NFL instead of a dollar a game and twelve dollars a season.Some of the women don't want to play with the guys.They literally said they don't want to play with the guy. Some women want to play with men, but they don't know how strong they are.The ball can't even hold the ball.Also the women would hey hurt with the men.

Do you think women should play football? No! Football is for men! Here are some facts. Women can get other jobs! YOu can be any thing you want, but a football player? NOPE! Also the ball is to big. Women can't grab it right.

period 6 said...
I think girls should play football because a lot of girls around the world love to play this sport. For example anna zerill is the first female fresh man to ever score points. Some girls are better than boys at football. And girls dont have very many sports as boys. Some girls are not as strong as some of the boys. Girls should play because it is the right thing to do instead of tell them not to do the sport. The first woman coach is janwelter why can she coach.

We think women should not play in the NFL. They should not play because they may be stronger than some males but they are more sencetive. Also do you think they can handle hits by players like, Clay Matthews, JJ Watt, Von Miller, Luke Kuechli, Cam Chancler? Those players are some of the hardest hitters in the NFL. Players in the NFL get concussions easily: Amagine how often women would get concussions. Also the have to us a smaller football. That's why women should not play in the NFL.

I think women should not play in the NFL because there are a lot of large men in the NFL. for example Aaron Gibson is the largest player in the NFL is 410 pounds. the size of the in the NFL is larger than what the professional women with. in the video that we watched it said that the women had to play with smaller footballs. There are so many injuries in the NFL that if women would play they could get very hurt. For example broken bones in the NFL would be a lot worse for women. women most the time smaller than men . Imagine if a smaller women went up to a bigger player.

Girls should be able to play in the NFL. They are capable of the same things as boys. Girls can throw passed thirty yards. Girls are most of the time faster. They can run faster than 98% of the boys. Girls are more capable and flexible than boys. many girls run track. Some may say girls cant do the same as boys because they are not strong enough. Here's the weakness in that response girls can be as fast and as strong as boys. This why girls should be allowed to play in the NFL.

Women should be in the nfl because, some girls are stronger than bays. upon researching on the internet we found that Ronda Rousey is a vary strong girl. girls can take hits and not get hurt. We found that Jennifer welter played professional football. Girls are just as much athletes as men. Some girls are faster than men. We found that Carmelita Jeter is the fastest girl in history. Some people worry that girls will get hurt

Girls should not play football in the NFL because some boys are stronger than girls.On the web it says that some boys are stronger than the girl s. Boys can lift a lot more than girls too. The girls on get paid 12 dollars a seson And the boys in the nfl get paid millons . women are not able to take hits like guys can. Girls can do sports but not with men. However girls can do any thing that boys can (but not better) but they still shouldnt play foot ball with boys.Boys will go hard on them and they might not want to play any more .Girls shouldnt play in the NFL.

Jessica Huff said...
We think that girl should not play in the nfl because what if a girl on the field people would be mad at the man for hurting the female and what if the female try's to sue the to the male and that will cause a lot of fighting and she even try to sue the NFL.

MotoXAlive said...
There is a female football league it's called the LFL the Legends Football League

I disagree that girls aren't as smart as boys. That is a very sexist opinion. Also, if the NFL has enough money to pay players large salaries, they have enough money to extend locker rooms. Many girls are just as strong as boys. You are crushing many girls' dreams by saying that and offending many people.

Just like men get hurt women get hurt they don't just get hurt because they are women and yes people can play football in ,middle school as a matter of fact I play football for my school im in seventh grade and I absolutely love it football is my life and right now my priority

I agree, men should not be allowed to hit men. But if a women such as this one ( and me I play football for my school only girl ) is asking to play she obviously knows the danger this sport brings And have you ever heard of Jenifer Welter ( look her up ) you don't see her crying and boohooing if she got hurt as she played for the cardinals

Dylan0C SILVER said...
Dylan0C SILVER, Jordan, Minnesota

“Success is not for the weak and uncommitted… Sometimes it’s gonna hurt!” – Eric Thomas

You reference your inability to play "by law!", what specific law bars females from competing in football? A very small percent of high school athletes play in college by the way. By your logic, they shouldn't even play since there's such a minimal opportunity at college athletics. Obviously, that rhetoric is inherently flawed, you should play because you enjoy it and not because of professional aspects.

CJB1224 said...
CJB1224,
women are gonna be okay against them

CJB1224 said...
CJB1224,
yeah and play with men

CJB1224 said...
CJB1224,
umm... have you ever heard Jennifer Welter look her up

20caweis said...
20caweis,
But i don´t think that they would have enough woman to make a league.

20caweis said...
20caweis,
She said she could throw 30 yards, not kick.