Slumber Party | Teen Ink

Slumber Party

October 18, 2019
By AlexDeSota SILVER, Defiance, Ohio
AlexDeSota SILVER, Defiance, Ohio
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

One hot, crackling summer day when I woke around ten o’clock in the morning, I found myself bored and wanted to find something to do and find some friends to hangout with. I walked out to my red living room and asked my mom if I were allowed to go hangout and spend the night at someone’s house later in the afternoon. She said, “Yes,” as I expected. I texted a few of my friends, and a couple of them were busy. I asked a few more of them, and they said that they wanted to hang out and do something fun. My cousin Dougy happened to be the first person to answer me. He asked if I wanted to hang out and go swimming at my grandma’s house, and I said, “Yes.'' I called him and told him that I wanted to go to her house around three in the afternoon, and he said that it would work for him. 

After I hung up the phone, I went to my room and packed a travel bag with my clothes, swimsuits, and everything I needed to stay the night at his house that night. I drove to my grandma’s house to go swimming, and I beat him there by about five minutes. I waited on him to get there, and when he arrived there, we went around the back and went through the rigid brown gate to get to the pool. We saw my grandma sitting there, and we said, “Hi, Grandma.” We went swimming for about an hour or two, and then we became bored and decide to get ice cream down the road. I said that I would take us to get the ice cream since it was right down the road, and he said, “All right.” 

We got there and went through the drive through. We had been the only ones in line, like the only ones, and we received our chocolate milkshakes fast, and we decided to go back to get his black car and go back to his house. 

We arrived at his house, and we went down to the basement. We talked to some more of our friends to spend time together and stay the night to make it more fun for all of us. Our cousin Caden said that he wanted to hang out as well, so I informed Dougy that I would drive since we had to go get him back in Defiance. Dougy and I picked him up, and we thought that we should get one more person to hang out with and stay the night. We drove to pick up our friend Alex. 

I took all of us back to Dougy’s house, and by the time we arrived home it was about seven o’clock. We all talked and decided to stay at his house and just chill for the night and play Xbox. We did just that for a few hours and time passed by until it was about one in the morning. Alex and I were getting pretty tired as well as Caden and Dougy and Alex fell asleep first and Dougy wanted to pour water onto him. Dougy jumped up and grabbed a cold water bottle from the refrigerator, opened the cap, and poured the cold water onto Alex. Alex was mad when he felt the cold water and woke up. We were all just laughing for some time, and then we were all wide awake for a while. 

By this time it was about two in the morning, and we decided to have a football tournament, which lasted an eternity, between the four of us on the xbox. Before it started, we all agreed that the loser had to jump into the freezing pond. Caden played Alex in the first round, and Caden lost by two touchdowns. We walked outside into the breezy air where it was frigid, and the green grass was still wet from the dew. Caden lunged into the cold pond like an iceberg and swam quickly back to shore running for his towel yelling about how cold it was. We all trotted back inside and grabbed a Gatorade to drink. We went back downstairs so that I could play Dougy in the second round. We grabbed the blue controllers and played for about an hour, and in the end I ended up losing by a field goal. My red and enraged face showed I  possessed anger, but I knew I had to jump into the pond because I lost the game. I put on my rugged shorts and gathered my smooth towel, and we walked back out into the cold, windy air out to the pond. I laid down my towel and jump off into the pond. It felt been bitterly cold, like ice, so I swam to the rough shore and grabbed my towel and dried off as we went back inside. At this point we had been exhausted from being up all night. At about five in the morning, we all went to sleep for the night. 

We woke up around twelve the next afternoon, and we all were really tired. I had to take the other two home from Dougy’s house after we ate. I arrived back home, and I felt so tired that I went back to my room to rest for about three hours, and I didn’t do anything for the rest of the day, like anything. The lesson I learned from this is: Never stay up all night long at a friend’s house.