Red | Teen Ink

Red

October 23, 2019
By randomcutie33 BRONZE, Raleigh, North Carolina
randomcutie33 BRONZE, Raleigh, North Carolina
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The word, the color,

Red. 

What’s the first thing you think of? 

First, you might see it, you think of a standard visual, like the apples sitting in that little glass bowl on the middle of your kitchen table or the blood dripping from the walls in a generic horror movie. 

You’re may be tasting it, the taste might be sweet, tangy, or even spicy.

You're may be smelling it too, it might be fruity, citrusy, or chemical-y. 

You’re may be hearing it, it might be loud;energetic, it’s its own beat. 

You might even associate the color with a feeling, like the feeling of love when you made your first friend or the feeling of anger when you were falsely accused of something by your sibling. 

You might relate the color to a memory, like the remembrance of your mom wearing that nice shade of lipstick to your grade school graduation. 

Whatever you’re thinking, know that they’re all connected, they’re all the same. 

They’re all red.


The author's comments:

I happen to be a huge fan of heavy description and imagery writing. I created this piece to show the emphasis of the word and color "red". My main approach was to touch the reader's sense of: seeing, hearing, smelling, tasting, feeling, and perceiving. Whilst doing this, keeping in mind to create a variety of images.