meet the 4 L's | Teen Ink

meet the 4 L's

By averyr89 BRONZE, Timnath, Colorado
averyr89 BRONZE, Timnath, Colorado

"You have been in every way all that anyone could be... if anybody could have saved me it would have been you." -Virginia Wolff

Hello, I am loneliness.

I am that feeling when you know somethings missing. When you're in a room full of people and you seem to think that you were supposed to be a beetle. The ones that don't live long, are black and stinky, and crunch when you step on one. I'm that smile you know you should have on. I make you feel as if there are pits in your lungs, as if you should be one. I am the makeup there is no use in putting on because soon enough you'l take me off. After you realize theres no beauty in a face, that you wish you didn't even have in the first place. I make you wish I never took a step into your lonely roomy brain. 

Hello, my name is love.

I come in the form of large smiles and dimpled cheeks. I laugh when you touch me and scream inside when you speak. I am why you stay up at night cause you feel like your floating. I'm there when you awake and I am the reason your heart feels so devoted. I make you think of the way he looks in your favorite color green. Or the way your fingers intertwine perfectly between as if its become a routine. I am the way you feel when he holds you and when you start to wonder why the time passed so fast you'll know that's because of me.

Hello, my name is lust.

I am those jeans that didn't use to have rips on the knees. I am why you can't look at him without wondering what happened to going on dates and closing your eyes when he had to change. I am that sexual desire that came out of nowhere and made you feel less free. I happen on the nights when you drank to much and you can't seem to think straight. I look like a lost child just trying to be desired. Also, most the time I usually don't make you smile.

Hello, my name is lethargic. 

I smell of dirty clothes, unbrushed teeth, of lost promises, and unrealistic dreams. I am why you you can't seem to get out of your covers and go take a leak. I come in the form of dirt beneath your finger nails, hating everyone you love, and reminiscing of that smile you weren't able to get rid of. When you have no tears left in your eyes or when you run out of those pills you take that let you sleep at night, just know that's me lurking in your dreams waiting for you to finally grab a knife. Instead of going back to sleep.

swaggyserr SILVER, Paris, Tennessee

“A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history.” ~Mahatma Gandhi

this is so beautiful, your truly a great writer.