A tree in the woods | Teen Ink

A tree in the woods

Art is difficult to understand. When people see a piece of art in a museum or art museum that they think is puzzling, the strange and difficult appearance of it can conceal the real meaning behind the exhibit. This is where art is most profound and meaningful part. When we think about whether art exists in sculpture or in the eyes of the viewer or in between, I think it's both. We make art, as Dion said,  “I think the job of an artist is to go against the grain of dominant culture, to challenge perception, prejudice, and convention.” (Mark Dion)    We use basic nature to create art and ideas and express them. For example, when I go to a museum to appreciate an opaque work of art, I will read the introduction of the work and the creation logic of the author. When you look at all of this, and then go back to the art, you will feel suddenly enlightened, and you will really feel the kind of consciousness that art brings to people. Politics, race, theology, beauty and so on are expressed from different perspectives and ways. Like Mark Dion's "Neukom Vivarium", He says One of the things that's difficult about this piece is that, “it's hard to locate where the work is. It's not the tree, And it's not the building, And it's not the details like the tiles or the field guide. But it's really the entire thing. People tend to focus on the tree, as though the other thing was just a frame, But it's really an integrated work. It's not a piece of architecture; It's a work of art. It's a total artwork.” (Mark Dion)   So as a spectator, what the author wants us to see is actually his inner thoughts and its secret meaning he wants to express to people. Dion said in interview that, “I'm doing really involves a discourse added onto the conceptual elements that the earth artists were interested in.”(Mark Dion)  Looking back at the simple mossy old tree, what the author really wants to tell us is that it is extremely difficult, in terms of money and other factors, to put such a giant tree from nature into a man-made greenhouse that simulates the natural environment. Compare us to a tree, when we lose the nature is also a very difficult thing to imagine, continuous pollution, damage and other factors will lead to the destruction of nature, protecting the environment is extremely important. It was incredibly difficult, Dion said, “All those things are substituting what nature does, it was subway how, once that's gone, it's incredibly difficult, expensive, And technological to approximate that system -- to take this tree and to build the next generation of forests on it.”(Mark Dion)  So art is not only art, but always in interesting, different angles to tell you about the world you can't see

Citations: art21.org/read/mark-dion-neukom-vivarium/

Feeling of mine about art during learning art history