My Darling | Teen Ink

My Darling

By Hazel-daisy GOLD, --, Other
Hazel-daisy GOLD, --, Other

It takes a lot of courage to show your dreams to someone else - Erna Bombeck

In three words i can sum up everything I've learned in life: it goes on -Robert Frost

Live, Love, Laugh - ______

Hope, Love, breathe <3 - Me

We all search for something
Something that will never be found
We all dream for something
Something that we’ll never live

We all know what we are doing
So just let go of everything
To do with us and breathe
Just breathe my darling, breathe into the dark night

My darling, please don’t cry
Learn when to show emotions
Know how to live life,
Without regretting it

Love, my darling, is a wonderful thing
And life, is full of it
I don’t know what awaits you,
But my darling,
That does not matter

Live today, my darling,
My darling, my love,
My live, my hope
Be the person I love,
And try right now

Never waste, my darling
Never waste your life
Its too precious and short
My darling, my tiny little darling

Live, my darling,
Not knowing what comes next,
My darling, spread your wings,
Fly, my darling, fly beyond yourself

Hazel-daisy GOLD, --, Other

Live, Love, Laugh - ______

Hope, Love, breathe <3 - Me

i agree that i may have used my darling a little too much. And you really dont need to thanks me, i honestly should be thanking you, you have boosted my confidence a lot!!

CharlesDickens SILVER, Georgetown, Texas

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."
~Voltaire

I really liked this poem, as I like all of them, but I did happen to notice one thing.  You repeated, "my darling" slightly more than was necessary.   I still really enjoyed reading this, thanks.

Hazel-daisy GOLD, --, Other

Live, Love, Laugh - ______

Hope, Love, breathe <3 - Me

I didn't actually notice that until now ("my live" part) it's supposed to be "my life" thanks for pointing it out!! :) 

SpringRayyn PLATINUM, Lakeville, Minnesota

"Don't punish yourself," she heard her say again, but there would be punishment and pain, and there would be happiness too. That was writing."
--Markus Zusak, "The Book Thief"

Good way to use repetativeness in poems. I think it weird when you said "my live," but whatever makes you happy. I agree with everyone else's lullaby thing, yeah at the end it sounded like talking to a baby.

thedegraded SILVER, Medford, New York

So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.

I also agree that this poem resembles a lullaby! And gosh, do I love lullabies. This poem made me smile and it put some lovely imagery into my head. I love the theme, and found it entrancing. You definetly have a way with words. I really can't find any flaw in this one...

cheers!

Ellawind PLATINUM, Seattle, Washington

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

Dream like you will live forever, live like you will die today.

Wow, I feel like this is a lullaby. It's very sweet and soothing. I'm picturing a mother with a baby in her arms in a rocking chair on the porch at night. :) Anyways, the repetition of 'my darling' is good in moderation, but I think you used it just a tiny bit too much. I really do mean a tiny bit, like only take out two times. Nice work! 

your welcome! your writing means alot! :)

Kbuschan PLATINUM, South Plainfield, New Jersey

Fall in love or fall in hate; Get inspired or be depressed; Ace a test or flunk a class; Make babies or make art; Speak the truth or lie and cheat; Dance on tables or sit in the corner; Life is divine chaos. Embrace it. Breathe. And enjoy the ride...

i like it and how you kept the theme going by repeating my darling, it makes it all sound a lot smoother :)

Hazel-daisy GOLD, --, Other

Live, Love, Laugh - ______

Hope, Love, breathe <3 - Me

thanks so much, your comments mean a lot!!

OriginalCarbonation GOLD, Naperville, Illinois

dream as if you'll live forever
live as if you'll die tomorrow

oh wow. i really love this. its so... undescribable. feel speechless, but also like talking for ever about this. (but since the words arent coming thats hard!) i really love it when a poem gives me this reaction!

the meaning of he poem seems to shift throughout, but i like that. and i like the repetetive and almost caressing use of "my darling". this is truly an exceptional peice. im afraid if i told you to change *anything* Id ruin it!

Hazel-daisy GOLD, --, Other

Live, Love, Laugh - ______

Hope, Love, breathe <3 - Me

Well in a way it is its more like a relative talking to a loved child telling them everything will be ok, so you could interpret that in any way!! In my mind it was a dying mother telling her child it would be ok..morbid i know!!! thanks for commenting!!

Gettysburg63 PLATINUM, Waukesha, Wisconsin

"If you are going to win any battle, you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do... the body is never tired if the mind is not tired." -General George S. Patton

You have a talent in writing poetry. Is this poem on a talk of his father to his daughter? Good work.