Wasting Time in a Work Period | Teen Ink

Wasting Time in a Work Period

By dolphinportkey7 GOLD, D, Other
dolphinportkey7 GOLD, D, Other

"Because I knew you, I have been changed for good" AND "'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all"

I wrote this poem in a classroom bright
Half-asleep from a late, late night
“Laptops out!” the teacher had said.
“Ka-ching!” replied the voice in my head.

I’m supposed to be working on some big essay.
I’m sure to regret this come the night of Sunday
But for now, iPod in, I’m feeling cool
Who would’ve known you could write poems in school?

Exactly what it sounds like.

EPluribusUnum DIAMOND, Woodbine, Maryland

"I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead;
I lift my lids and all is born again.
(I think I made you up inside my head)."
-Sylvia Plath

Ha! I've done that before.

austenite77 GOLD, Appleton, Wisconsin

Die my dear? Why that's the last thing I'll do

I gave it two out of five. I think it's funny that you wrote it while you were supposed to write an essay, I've been there. Still, it's choppy and I don't think the title fits. With a little revising I think you could fix the flow, and title thing is just me being picky.

Eshshah PLATINUM, Galloway, New Jersey

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep." -Robert Frost

I like- it's cute and funny, and makes it better that you actually wrote it in school- the title could have been better, but that's the only thing I can say- this made me laugh!

blacksummer2014 SILVER, Brookfield, Wisconsin

"'I love you all; except you, Draco, I can't f****** stand you'"-- Harry from A Very Potter Musical

"Granger! Oh I thought you were a boggart!!!" -Albus Dumbledore from A Very Potter Musical

Really? Haha- then that was pretty good. :D As you can tell from the rating I gave it I liked it and my original comment is kinda confusing because I didn't know how to phrase what I was trying to say but I do like it. I just am not a huge poetry person. I'm a book reader :D

dolphinportkey7 GOLD, D, Other

That's okay; I literally just wrote this in school, bored with what we were supposed to be doing. XD

Wow... I like it... it's a little... mmm... hard to follow I guess... then again I like hardly ever read poetry. I think it's a little too... abrupt and there's a lot of stuff going on in a really short period of time. It kinda seems rushed. I like your fiction romance stories better. :D