The Secret Life of an Underwater Welder | Teen Ink

The Secret Life of an Underwater Welder

By BlaccPowwa420 BRONZE, Mt. Prospect, Illinois
BlaccPowwa420 BRONZE, Mt. Prospect, Illinois

At Work
It was a typical day at work for Earl. He had descended into the dark blue depths of the ocean. He looked around at the fish on the corral reefs and the yellow sand, and proceeded to his station of work. After a short swim through the open sea he arrives to his destination and begins work. While he welds in the depths of the ocean he cant help but think of how much longer until he has to go home. Even though the crackling and sizzling of metal fusing together metal is quite calming to a man like Earl, he still wants to leave as soon as possible. After a solid 4-5 hours of hard work, he is able to ascend from the depths of the ocean.

En Route
Earl proceeds to enter his white boat with his captain sailing it back to shore. He changes out of his wetsuit to his Hawaiian shirt and khakis. He looks for his straw hat and places it on his head to be protected from the hot sun. After, he lights his cigarette with his black Zippo lighter and then relaxes for the hour ride back to shore, all while taking in the blank blue scenery of the ocean.

At Home
Once at shore he then proceeds to walk from the beach to his weather beaten shack slightly past the tree line. Before entering he sighs at the work that will have to be done on his house in the near future. He enters his home, kicks off his flip-flops, grabs a cold glass of water, and then gladly greets his husband of 7 years.

A basic prose writing with a twist.