To Achieve Greatness | Teen Ink

To Achieve Greatness

By Trble SILVER, Oak Creek, Wisconsin
Trble SILVER, Oak Creek, Wisconsin

“There is only one god and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: “Not today.”
― George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones

Greatness is something to be constantly shown. We see falseness and lies upon most thrones. We dream of lust, money, and fame, so if you were set in a constant flame of the devils rein would you take the easy way out or would you stay. It is for this question that the world has been driven insane. For most people will lie and say They'll stay, but when it all concludes in the end they're all just lies or hidden cries for an all to common help. We never show true greatness, instead we hide behind these chains we call trying, but is trying ever good enough? Ask yourself! If you were faced with a choice of life or death and the choice of death meant saving a life many would choose life but are they to blame. Why should one die for another's life aren't We undeniably the same. Are we or aren't we all made to Be The Same? Think about it. Are you ready to start trying? And every hour we lose we will never get back, so what's to say were not constantly dieing. And by the time this is all said and our life story has been written and read, it's over... With the snap of your fingers. Click! you're dead! What have you done with you're constantly diminishing life? If you're not already standing up for what you were made to be then you are the tip of the knife. it is so very sad to see, this catastrophe, this simple yet complex and diabolical tragedy that life has come to be. Are we truly living or is this just a test to see if we are truly worthy of this throne because, it is a life worth living in which every kind of greatness is shown.

I wrote this to explain how I truly believe true greatness is shown.