Death Bee | Teen Ink

Death Bee

By Samster02 BRONZE, Pittsburg, Texas
Samster02 BRONZE, Pittsburg, Texas

A hive I must be by, to here the future death cry. I run away for I will die, as poison barbs fly across the sky.
I try to dodge but only manage, to get one stuck in my undercarriage.
But soon I come to a halt, realizing it's all my fault. The bees we're trying to protect their queen, while I was only trying to protect me.
So slowly and sadly I go, burying my forgotten foes. Seeing the destruction I've done, to their home they've just begun.

CompoundArcher GOLD, Broomfield, Colorado

"I Have Not Failed. I've Just Found 10, 000 Ways That Something Won't Work." Thomas Edison

"Surely this world-so beautifully diversified in its forms and motions-could not have arisen except from the perfectly free will of God, who provides and governs all things." Roger Cotes

"Don't doubt the Creator, because it is inconceivable that accidents alone could be the controller of this universe.'' Isaac Newton

"In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." Abraham Lincoln

BTW, I lived in Dallas/Fortworth Texas (The Colony, more specifically) for two years and my mom is from Corpus Christi. :) Hope we can talk more!

Awesome job Samster02! I love the story behind this poem and I love how you expressed feelings in this piece. Just like Malcolm_Chase said, I'd love to see more of your writing!

on Jun. 20 2018 at 7:47 am
Malcolm_Chase PLATINUM, Madison, South Dakota

Not all those who wander are lost
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it
- Confucius

Believe you can and you're halfway there
- Theodore Roosevelt

Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
- Albert Camus

It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.
- Aristotle

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!
- Audrey Hepburn

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.
- Helen Keller

@Samster, you did a marvelous job, and not only did I enjoy the rhyme-scheme of this poem, but the simple beauty of it too. I'd love to read more of your work and I strongly encourage you to write more! No pressure. Great job!

on Jun. 14 2018 at 11:50 am
Rhiannon_4 DIAMOND, Sioux Falls, South Dakota

If you chase two rabbits, you will lose them both.
- Native American proverb

Do not go gentle into that good night but rage, rage against the dying of the light.
- Dylan Thomas

What is past is past -- it is the present and the future that concern us.
- Hiawatha, founder of the Iroquois Confederacy

This is a beautiful poem! My only suggestion would be to space it out more. It seems a little more like a short story with sentences than a poem. But is amazing!

Samster02 BRONZE, Pittsburg, Texas
Thank you for reading my poem! Tell me what you think in the comments!