When Life Starts Attacking | Teen Ink

When Life Starts Attacking

October 11, 2018
By LizaStone GOLD, Fiskdale, Massachusetts
LizaStone GOLD, Fiskdale, Massachusetts
16 articles 0 photos 0 comments

What do you do when life starts attacking you mentally, physically, and emotionally. Leaving you with an undiagnosed illness and a childhood defined by sexual abuse?

Well, you fight like hell.

You do the best you can, when you can, and when you can’t, you get better so you can.

You don’t let people tell you how to feel, you tell them how you feel.

You advocate for yourself when a**h*** doctors tell you to “stop crying, it won’t make you less sick.”

You prove everyone wrong when they doubt you because “why didn’t you tell someone sooner,” or “how did you not know” as a five year old that your “best friend” was violating you. You continue on.

Despite the explosions going off in your stomach and the constant need to run to the bathroom.

Despite everyone having an opinion on how you can “fix” yourself.

Despite people assuming that you are only your past.

Despite the questioning faces when you burst into tears from the agonizing pain.

You continue on when your body is too weak to move because you haven’t eaten in a month because food hurts you.

You go through the day knowing that you got your innocence ripped away from you.

You use that pain and suffering to never let anyone take advantage of you again.

You learn from the hurt.

And you fight like hell.