Falling | Teen Ink

Falling

By ameracf BRONZE, Spring, Texas
ameracf BRONZE, Spring, Texas

Don’t forget to look before you fall. Common to the phrase, watch your step, a saying that has been familiar since day one, yet it’s crazy to think that the familiarity and understanding of this phrase can be changed in a matter of seconds. Advising to not fall for it, not fall in the trap, yet coming face to face with that trap seems almost impossible to overcome. How can something turn from simple to complicated so fast?

Do you ever stop and think about how fast thoughts zoom through your mind? How you can go from thinking about, what’s for lunch, too, how much do whale’s weigh, in the blink of an eye. That’s just as fast as it takes for someone to so easily fall, simply because they never looked.

I’ve learned over time that you truly can’t ever be prepared for the obstacles life will throw at you, but by looking before you fall, you may get a feel for what it is your getting yourself into. Right?

High School. The fantasies and desires all revolving around the idea of High School, expected to be no different from the movies we watched as children. Yet then there’s the forgotten parts, the drama, the stress, the workload, the pressure all reasons as to why I’m falling, deeper and deeper into the trap that I’d never thought I’d be in. Into the trap that I once mocked. Yet here I am sitting at the bottom, wondering how I got so deep, and how I’ll get out.  All because I forgot to look.

I am a sophomore in high school and I enjoy listening to music and writing as a way to express my feelings!