Hurt | Teen Ink

Hurt

November 12, 2019
By IVB BRONZE, Belton, Missouri
IVB BRONZE, Belton, Missouri
2 articles 0 photos 9 comments

Favorite Quote:
Create adventures for yourself


Death Hurts.

People come and people go, but the ache lingers.

We can do nothing, nothing to stop it.

All we can do is comfort those who are grieving, help them in the pain.

I know that I will see them later, but the pain still clings to us.

Eventually the pain dulls, but the hole that is left by their passing cannot be filled.


The author's comments:

I wrote this poem after some family friends lost their daughter to a disease that we knew would one day take her. And I know quite well that even if you don't know them very well, it still hurts when they die. My mom has had two miscarriages, and I know that it hurts to think that I no longer have two siblings, but I know that because of my faith in God, and that He loves us, I will see my to little siblings in Heaven one day.

If you find this poem, and you have lost someone dear to you, I am sorry, and I hope that you have loving family who can help you through your pain. I also know that if you believe that God sent His Son to earth to die for us, and the person you lost believed that Jesus died for them, then I know that you will see that person again.

If you are not a Christian, or you are looking to strengthen your faith during this time of pain and loss, please visit my thread called Faith Questions.