Doctors – Heroes in disguise | Teen Ink

Doctors – Heroes in disguise

January 14, 2022
By BasherStorm SILVER, Delhi, Other
BasherStorm SILVER, Delhi, Other
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Covid is spreading throughout the world and is causing Ruckus,

still, In these tough times of the pandemic they are always there for us.

Not thinking slightest about themselves they are busy saving lives,

it is because of them that the humankind thrives.

 

They sacrifice their own families and give Covid a tough fight,

there is nothing for them such as day or night.

We are all safe in our houses eating popcorn and watching movies,

but they are out there fighting an unseen enemy in the fields.

 

New and more powerful covid mutants arise day after day,

seeing more and more people critical makes them depressed but that, they never display.

Just like all of us they too cry,

the main reason for that is seeing other people die.


They too have lost their loved ones many even lost their own lives,

seeing our heroes perish definitely brings tears to our eyes.

They are the real weapon which are needed today by us humans,

they have extraordinary skills and no matched substitutions.


During the pandemic a lot of people died, 

but due to them  many more survived.

After saving lives they never expect a prize,

they   are  the ‘Doctors’,  the real  heroes in disguise. 


The author's comments:

The 2019 coronavirus (Covid - 19) pandemic is destroying life on a global level . As of 30 January 2020, more than 169.5 million cases have been reported, out of which 3.5 million plus people lost their lives. I know this is a large number, but out of the 169 million people more than 152 million people have recovered and the people who are responsible for this are the Frontline corona warriors. On one hand people around the globe are largely confined to their homes with businesses and educational institutions all shut down in an attempt to contain the virus, while on the other hand doctors, health-care workers, and medical staff members are leading the battle against COVID-19 from the front. Putting their own lives at risk with selfless determination for the sake of saving lives, they truly are our heroes in these challenging times. While they are putting their own health, families, and most importantly their own lives at risk, the least we can do is appreciate their efforts. So I thought of writing a poem on the ROLe of doctors during the pandemic, on their selfless attitude and on their will to save lives.