Steady | Teen Ink

Steady

By TheRareBreed PLATINUM, Lambertville, Michigan
TheRareBreed PLATINUM, Lambertville, Michigan

“The apple doesn't fall far from the tree." I guess that means we're just products of whoever made us and we don't have much control. The thing is, when people use that phrase, they ignore the most critical part: the falling. Within the logic of that saying, the apple falls every single time. Not falling isn't an option. So, if the apple has to fall, the most important question in my mind is what happens to it upon hitting the ground? Does it touch down with barely a scratch? Or does it smash on impact? Two vastly different fates. When you think about it, who cares about its proximity to the tree or what type of tree spawned it? What really makes all the difference, then, is how we land.”
― Val Emmich, Dear Evan Hansen

Steady

Such a random word

yet used so much.

How do you hold steady?

Fall in love?

Hold on to hope?

pray to whatever god will listen?

None of these are true

For all you have to do

is give in to humanity

embrace the fault

in our stars

and understand

that you are the 

last person

you'll ever

see.

Steady beats. Thats all this is. For free verse, I do an unintentional amount of rhyming, and generally make songs as well. So enjoy the understanding that a "steady beat goes 1...2...3...4..."

on Apr. 11 at 1:00 pm

― Val Emmich, Dear Evan Hansen

@thatonearianatorgirl Thanks so much ilyt. It means a lot.

on Apr. 11 at 10:34 am
thatonearianatorgirl SILVER, Grandville, Michigan

"Life is beautiful. Cherish every moment even if you're stressed or hurt or whatnot. There's always tomorrow and it always gets better." - Ariana Grande

i love this so much keep writing ily 🫶🏼❤️

Afra DIAMOND said...
on Apr. 11 at 8:40 am
Afra DIAMOND, Kandy, Other

"You can’t ask other people to believe you and vote for you if you don’t back yourself."
-Jacinda Ardern-

"If I can make someone's day brighter, happier, better, that makes me happier."
-Ava Max-

"A writer must never be short of ideas."
-Gabriel Agreste- (Fictional character- Miraculous)

"A Bridge Has Two Sides."
-Elsa- (Fictional character- Frozen)

“I knew who I was as a girl but I had to find who I was as a woman.”
-Delta Goodrem-

Well-articulated!!! @TheRareBreed, steady beats are fascinating...👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻