My Name is Jaxon | Teen Ink

My Name is Jaxon

By JM5 SILVER, Sussex, Wisconsin
JM5 SILVER, Sussex, Wisconsin

My name is Jaxon. My mom also liked Ian. But Jaxon is better. My mom didn't like the name Jack so she made me Jaxon.

Jaxon is the ray of sunshine for his parents. Brings them joy in the morning. Like a crisp breath of fresh air. The perfect sunrise. Jaxon is equivalent to making the perfect scoop of ice cream, or waking up to the birds chirping. A nice fall candle while watching the leaves turn colors. 

The name smells so good. Just like fall. Nice and crisp. It’s just like pouring that morning coffee as you watch the leaves fall. Beautiful just like all the colorful leaves. Jaxon is the perfect temperature just like a fall night. Slightly cool but perfect with your favorite hoodie. It’s the perfect shade of orange.

Many people mistake it for Jackson. I don't like that name. It's far too long and very common. I prefer to be simple, yet different. Not many people have the name Jaxon. 

My grandma first started to call me Jax. She’s sweet. It was her thing. Then my mom picked up on it. Who would've guessed that would become my nickname. My friends call me Jax and so do my coaches and teammates. 

Jax is such a simple name for a simple guy. He wears the number 5. A simple number. I've always heard how the best things in life are simple. So that’s what I try to be. 

Jax represents summer. The warm air in the morning followed by a hot sunny day, or the crisp ice cold glass of water. It’s like the nice bit of shade by the poolside umbrella. Or walking out of school and feeling the hot sun hit your skin.

Jax is the feeling of being loved. The little boy that was spoiled by his grandma. The guy who's always laughing and smiling. He doesn't like to be serious, but he focuses on the simple, sweet things in life.

I am Jaxon.