Camp to Camp | Teen Ink

Camp to Camp

By Loki(norsegod) DIAMOND, Sapello, New Mexico
Loki(norsegod) DIAMOND, Sapello, New Mexico

Play,
play,
play all day,
and give the gold and white away,
to march on foot,
to turn to soot,
and play,
play,
for the rest of the day.

This piece sounds childish and simple, but it's really about the death camps in the Holocaust. The gold and white is a reference to the gold teeth that the Nazis removed from the mouths of Jews. The march on foot line is about the march from camp to camp, and the soot line is a reference to the burning of the Jews. Horrible, isn't it?

haha thanks. the holocaust was a horrible, absolutely disgusting figure of the destructive potential in humanity, as well as the stupidity and manipulability in our race. but we survived, and i guess thats what matters. i mean, does it matter where we're going, or the drive for survival behind us? (oh, and if you wouldn't mind, could you comment on some of my other works? im looking for some feedback. thanks)

...irie... BRONZE, Which I Left In The Mnts, Utah

"Some look at things that are, and ask why. I dream of things that never were and ask why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Very horrible. -Ha no not the poem! Man isn't it the basically saddest thing in the world to think about all those concentration camps!? Bloody awful...Good poem though,I like how the message was hidden in the words.