As I Sit Down to Write You | Teen Ink

As I Sit Down to Write You

October 26, 2009
By dreamyface77 SILVER, New London, Connecticut
dreamyface77 SILVER, New London, Connecticut
8 articles 70 photos 30 comments

Favorite Quote:
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us.

We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous,
talented and fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?

You are a child of God.

Your playing small does not serve the world.

There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other

people won't feel insecure around you.

We were born to make manifest the glory of
God that is within us.

It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.

And as we let our own light shine,
we unconsciously give other people
permission to do the same.

As we are liberated from our own fear,
Our presence automatically liberates others.

—Marianne Williamson


October 1, 2009 9:37 PM
I make my way down the the steep rugged terrain that brings me to my cabin. By now the sun has set and shadows cast over the stubborn rocks that randomly spot the path. I forgot my flash light in my bag so I rely on the faint light that seeps though the leaves and branches above. I take notice of my heart beet that resembles the techno dance party I just attended. It was epic, all the lights were off and there were strobe lights. Everything looked slow motion and the mood was set high. I don't really dance but I did my best, after all nobody can look bad under a strobe light. So I reach my cabin and blindly make my way across the wooden floor to my bunk. Its to cold to change into my pjs so I just slide them over the clothes I've worn for the last three days. I've found my flash light by now and have settled down to wright you. As I exhale I see my breath linger among its beams of light. I take out my iPod and start listening to an audiobook. Over the soft murmur of my book I can hear some of the other campers talking around a camp fire, and I hope that I have enough room to transfer all this to your card.


Love Always-

Shanna