A Snowy Morning | Teen Ink

A Snowy Morning MAG

By writergirl22 SILVER, In, New York
writergirl22 SILVER, In, New York

"Never frown. You never know who's falling in love with your smile." -Anounymous

An hourglass dropping time softly by the moment
it envelops the ground
drenching the world in a blank canvas

writergirl22 SILVER, In, New York

Thank you!

I agree that the word drenching is a little odd when talking about snow but thats why I liked it! I don't think people usually would associate the two words, so I think its cool to use two words that don't usually go together normally :)

K.Qua said...
K.Qua, Hudson, New York

I usually don't like poetry, but I LOVED this. Wow. The description is just amazing and so simple (an hourglass = snow, brilliant). I wish I'd thought of it!

One thing I'm curious about, though, is your use of the word drenching. It doesn't seem to fit the idea of snow, but maybe I missed something? 

I love your form. Keep writing :)

Egyptiangirl13 GOLD, Kansas City, Missouri

\"either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. -Benjamin Franklin

\"If columbus would have turned back, no one would have blamed him. No one would have remembered him either.\"

\"If music be the food of love, play on.\"

ur so welcome-stop by my page when my poems get posted-i think that u'll like them

writergirl22 SILVER, In, New York

thanks so much! I had to write a poem about nature in a creative writing class so I chose snow as the topic. I'm glad you liked it! :)

WOw! you rock-no wonder you're in the magazine! What  was your inspiration?

writergirl22 SILVER, In, New York

thanks a lot :)

i checked out some of your stuff and i love it!

ThatBlondGuy SILVER, Mableton, Georgia
Wow! This is great stuff. It's short but fantastic. Keep it up!

writergirl22 SILVER, In, New York

thanks!

im working on some other stuff and i may post it soon

FishStark said...
FishStark, Harwood, Maryland
This is awesome...I love the hourglass metaphor/imagery. Very vivid. Wish you had more stuff posted here...

writergirl22 SILVER, In, New York

thankso so much for the feedback :)

brianj BRONZE said...
brianj BRONZE, Jeannette, Pennsylvania

"the real trouble with reality is that there's no background music"
"i don't suffer from insanity. i enjoy every minute of it."
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?” -Marianne Williamson. Trying so hard to believe this but SO not succeeding…..

Woah, deep! I love the picture you have with the snowy morning (not that I stole that from the title, or anything...) and the way it's so short, but says so much. I love it! :)