The Two Roads | Teen Ink

The Two Roads

March 27, 2010
By RainbowSpike BRONZE, Columbus, Ohio
RainbowSpike BRONZE, Columbus, Ohio
1 article 0 photos 14 comments

There are two roads; On my left, on my right; I stand in the center-the one I choose determines my life. The road of Joy, love and wise instruction; or the road of immoral corruption and fatal destruction. The road to Life and Happiness; or the road of depression and sadness. The road of hard work and reward-or the easy road of pain and discord. The road of accalaids-the road the Father of Love took; or the road of chaos-the father of sin shook. I have chosen my road; I've made my decision-the Road I have chosen brings true circumcision. The straight and narrow path of Truth and of Life-my Way of example; is Jesus Christ.


The author's comments:
This poem is describing the two roads that are avaliable for us to choose in this life. The straight and narrow path which Jesus Christ took; and the easy road of destruction that Satan tries to get us to take. Jesus has a life prepared for us to live..He is THE road to life. He is THE Way THE Truth and THE Life. Without Jesus, you're lost trying to make it on your own. You don't have to smoke, drink, or do drugs. It's not about religion either. Religion makes God look like this stale, strict God full of rules and regulations-that couldn't be farther from the truth. Jesus loves no matter what you have done, and he wants to have a RELATIONSHIP with you! All you have to do is ask him to come into your heart. This road is not an easy one, but it results in a glorious reward:)