Just a Dream | Teen Ink

Just a Dream

By AMCLRIDCA PLATINUM, CDA, Idaho
AMCLRIDCA PLATINUM, CDA, Idaho

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take... but by the moments that take your breath away.

Light streams through my window, but it is night. What could it be, that which is so bright?

I creep across the soft, warm carpet, and slowly peek through the curtains.

There is nothing. I squint my eyes and see a shape coming forth out of the darkness.

Then a pebble comes flying at my window. It hits me square in the forehead.

" Ouch!" I complain.

I hear a resounding " Sorry!" from bellow me in the darkness.

My heart swells. " What are you doing here?" I hiss, but I am not angry.

You come close enought to the window for me to see you. You clear your throat and smile.

"Rapunzel, Rapunzel, come down from there! I will wisk you away into the night and we can ride away into the sunset... Just you and I."

I smirk outwardly, but my heart does a little jump. "Did you write that?" I ask.

You nod slowly.I smile. " That was cheesy. But lucky for you...I like cheesy. Okay, I will come down there. But my parents are sleeping. Be quiet."

I tip toe down the stairs and out the door. " Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo?" I whisper, searching for you in the darkness.

" Here!" You say, and I whirl around and am staring into you eyes. You chuckle softly.

"Let us do as hands do." Now you are whispering.

Then there is only the blackness of my room.It was just a dream, but how I wish it wasnt!

When I get to school, I spot you. But you dont even look at me.

Well...At least I have my dreams to keep me company.

AMCLRIDCA PLATINUM, CDA, Idaho

Thank you SO much! I have them all the time too...  It means a lot to me that you appreciate my poem! Thanks for reading and commenting! (:

FaithSnyder16 ELITE, Metamora, Ohio

Write what you know, and dream of. - Jane Austen
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift
Just Keep Swimming! Just Keep Swimming! - Ellen DeGengeres as Dory

This is really amazing like a you belong with me dream. I have those all the time, and sometimes I wake up and ask what I was thinking. :D I really love the whole idea of him sneaking to your window in the middle of the night, throwing pebbles!!! You have a light sence of humor that came across and I really like that it balances out the romance! :)

AMCLRIDCA PLATINUM, CDA, Idaho

Thanks and I will keep that in mind... I have no clue how to go back and edit my work once it is posted... do you???

on Jun. 25 2010 at 11:27 am
MoonlitxRose BRONZE, Albuquerque, New Mexico

"If at first you don't succeed, try again."

AW! This was really sweet! Too bad it was just a dream *sigh* oh well I guess... I really liked reading this and I liked the cheesiness as well! LOL! Although that line where the guy was saying "I will wisk you away into the night and we can ride away into the sunset...," you should change sunset to something that fits in with the whole night thing that's going on. You could say something like "and we can ride away into the light of the moon" or something. But other than that, nice job! :)