"What is love?" | Teen Ink

"What is love?"

May 14, 2010
By ReineBloodwolf GOLD, Portsmouth, Virginia
ReineBloodwolf GOLD, Portsmouth, Virginia
10 articles 0 photos 29 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I will never fade away" "I will always be with you" "Yours in eternity" "Live for today but, look foward to tomorrow, and never forget to smile"


“What is love?”

What is love? And how does it feel? How do people fall in love with someone they barely even know? These questions are what puzzle me the most when I see two happy couples holding hands and just sitting there looking at each other with this funny look in their eyes. Is love so great that we act like idiots once it capture us? What is love? If not the moon, the stars, nor the sun then what is it? Is it something unreachable? Is it something dark and mysterious? I want to know what this “Love” is and what it feels like to have it…I want to be able to experience it and I want to be able to like it. So once again before I bid you adieu, what is love?


The author's comments:
"well one day i was sitting in a resturant with my family and i look over to see this waiter trying to get the attention of these two happy and young looking couples, and they didn't even know because they were so entertained with each other, it was like they were the only two in the whole universe. i got curious and started wondering about love so i wrote this. Please R&R on my poems please.