Terrorism | Teen Ink

Terrorism

By StillDreaming GOLD, Flower Mound, Texas
StillDreaming GOLD, Flower Mound, Texas

“There is nothing more dreadful than the habit of doubt. Doubt separates people. It is a poison that disintegrates friendships and breaks up pleasant relations. It is a thorn that irritates and hurts; it is a sword that kills.” -Buddha

I stand
All alone
Laughing at hypocrisy.
As our small leaders
Stand so tall
To promise hope
And prosperity
Only achieved
Through blaring hatred
And silent deaths.
Anti-terrorism?
The War on Terror?
Then annihilate yourself,
Your beliefs
Your government,
Sir.
Destroy us all
For we all cause
Terror.
Everyone wants something to
Burn
In the Hell we've imagined.
So scream your chants
Protest,
Counter-protest,
Fight.
Flight.
We
Are
All
The
Same:
Prejudiced
Biased
Sinful
Screaming and shaming
Until the ignorance
Of "For the greater good"
Runs
Out.

This piece was inspired by the people who I see everyday. The people who go by with their lives everyday, not really seeing what they support, what they stand for, and why. The people who do not know tragedy, but know hatred, of course they don't call it that. This is also inspired by false promises posed by all. And the sheer hypocrisy that corrupts this world. I hope that by reading this you can see how twisted the world we live in is and that we need to band together as a new generation to change it. Right now we stand together as a country, but it is ignorance and hypocrisy that we stand in.

StillDreaming GOLD, Flower Mound, Texas

Thank you guys :)

starlight26 GOLD, Miramar, Florida

*life isnt about pretending to be something you're not. It about being who you are and finding someone
who loves every bit of it."

"Life's tradegy is that we get old too soon and wise too late"

very powerful. I agree with u 100 percent. Everybody has a different opinon however. :)

StillDreaming GOLD, Flower Mound, Texas

Well, I'm not trying to start a fight. But in a way, this is against those acting upon it since if you realize the negatives and hatred you aren't as likely to act on them. And I have a slightly different view on our purpose in the "War on Terror" but I won't get into that...I'd type too much

Literalist17 SILVER, Monte Vista, Colorado

"Tact is, of course, only for those who lack the wit to possess sarcasm"

I agree with you totally. everyone does have hate and all the bad qualities one can think of. but the thing is, there are those who choose to act upon that hate and ill feeling. it is those that we should truly be fighting. and the war on terror is just a cover for our government to do as it pleases in the middle east and make things better for our country.

spiritualrevelationrevealspainandrevolution PLATINUM, Eugene, Oregon
YES, FIRST COMMENT!, and extremely truthful poem, i only have one poem up now but as soon as teen ink gets through em ill have a bit more and the topics are basically the same as yours, and thank you we need more people who arent afraid to speak an opinion that is against taking pre existing sides, nationalism and how most people are sometimes inherently sheep