I know you..and still i lost you.. | Teen Ink

I know you..and still i lost you..

By SierraWilkerson SILVER, Old Hickory, Tennessee
SierraWilkerson SILVER, Old Hickory, Tennessee

I know your laugh, I know your smile.
The feel of your voice, the warmth of your touch these sensations with YOU I need so much.
I know what you love, I know what you hate, I know how you always give and the world simply takes.
I know what you want, I know what you miss, I know the move and feel of your deep lingering kiss.
I know all your tickle spots; I can almost read your thoughts.
I know your favorite songs, the scent of your skin.
I know your trusting side that wants to let me in.
I know your eyes are like melted honey and they make me feel safe.
I know all our memories that no one can ever take.
I know the day and moment that I fell in love with you; I know what convinced me that our love was true.
I know why you love to hold me when in the belly of a storm, and how when sleeping next to you I’m always warm.
I know when you see a bright moon you think of me and all the things that we could be.
I know you love my smile and the way I play with your hair.
I know you know when the world goes quiet I’m always there.
I know all of your cute nicknames; I know you know mine they ring through my head like a record playing on repeat for all time.
I know I’m jealous and selfish at times, I know that I’m the reason that were apart, but with love like ours there has to be a second start..
I know now of disaster, I know now of pain of loss and weakness and refusing to love again.
I know I haven’t slept in my room in six whole days because your ghost sleeps there in my place...the couch is my prison it seals my fate.
Oh baby, I know were worlds apart but give me back my wings and I’ll fly to you
I know I’m killing myself hoping you’ll stop by and hold me close and let me cry telling me things will be all right.
I know December is our month to wear leather jackets and hold hands and listen to cute indie bands.
I know that if maybe not now, next week, or next year just let me hope and wait for you here.
Let me hear you say my name again. Because unless I’m your baby my heart will never beat again.
Dear sweet boy with the honey brown eyes, I know you and you know me...We know that this is not the way our love was supposed to be

My boyfriend of two years broke my heart after we had to be apart for college..And so i wrote this to him..

so_joy SILVER said...
so_joy SILVER, Navesink, New Jersey

"Be the change you want to see."

This is adorable! I'm sorry you lost your boyfriend. This is a fantastic poem, and you are a fantastic poet. Keep writing! Please read, rate, and comment on my poems! Thanks!