How Can I Describe the Feeling... | Teen Ink

How Can I Describe the Feeling...

By maxxykat94 PLATINUM, Centreville, Virginia
maxxykat94 PLATINUM, Centreville, Virginia

Do everything with excellence.

How can I describe the feeling…

Up at the cross, looking down at the twinkling horizon-line lights, clamoring for attention…
How can I describe it?

All creation awakes at dawn, the barks and the rooster trills drift from every which way. Color slowly fills the light blue sky, lighter and lighter, brighter and brighter.
How can I describe it?

Gazing up at stars without number – He placed them there, knows them by name. She encourages us to take it all in, not to rush – she explores the stars, points out a few. God’s masterpiece, indescribable, incomparable. Magical night.
How can I describe it?

At the foot of the cross I feel like a child, the smallest, the most insignificant, yet He chose me.
How can I explain it?

White light burns far off, at the Ranch… The welders are still working – racing. Huge shadows move across a nearby building; ceaseless giants. Determination, perseverance, endurance, that wasn’t there before. A goal before them, they set out to accomplish; to finish, to succeed. They have a job to do.
How can I explain it?

Strangers care, orphans love.
How can I describe it?

Dirty, exhausted, yet strangely exhilarated. Working together, one by one, side by side. Together – I love that word.
How can I describe it?

Peace and joy, traveling as a family, together we worship, together we pray. Iron sharpens iron, living in community.
How can I explain it?

Peace in the desert, comfort in the wind, solace in the sands. Barren yet bursting with life, bursting with joy.
How can I describe it?

Whispers in your ear – you fall apart. Flames licking up the memories…

Will it last?

Will it last?

I wrote this poem on my return from a missions trip with my youth group to Mexico. It was definitely one of the defining events of my life, and I am s grateful for the opportunity I was given to care for and love the children we served there.