a question? | Teen Ink

a question?

October 26, 2010
By BlueAstronaut PLATINUM, Herndon, Virginia
BlueAstronaut PLATINUM, Herndon, Virginia
33 articles 36 photos 21 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Tiny curtains open and we hear the tiny clap of little hands
A tiny man would tell a little joke and get a tiny laugh from all the folks"




Missed the Boat - Modest Mouse


What is an: Artist?

An artist is everything SOCIETY loves and hates.
aN aRtist is NOT defined by SOCIETY, bUt is THE ONE who does the defining; by being himself.
An artist may complete his greatest achievement and never receive recognition for pouring his soul into a paper cup.
an artist is a mouth that speaks an indiscernible language that is revered because SOCIETY believes that some deeper MEANING lies beneath.
an artist is the cocoon of the flutterby; soft and limp; left to dry; all its nutrients given, on good faith, to the glitter and shine.
An artist is the definition of an underpaid immigrant.
he is divinity without worship; flight without wings; song without soul, and simultaneously soul without song.
an artist is the lover of inspiration.
An Artist May Say: The Eyes Are The Window To The Soul but that is a d***ed lie.
artists are human cats and their conversation is the beginning of the trail to the soul because the words they say are the bricks and the pauses the mortar.
but to see the glass one must only love him.
an artist is humble.
an artist is not LOVE; he who tells that tale is a romantic fool.
fie upon you, oh ignorance!
an artist is misunderstanding.
an artist is the one blade of grass bent against the wind.
an artist is a tool to be used by criticism; although he only truly reaches his potential when he learns to forget other’s words, and examine their faces; searching for traces of truth.
an artist is not one THING for that would be absurdly limiting.
an artist is the child of a never ending sky; a b*****d child.
who is his king?
an artist is a champion without a fair lady.
an artist is the waves against the shore that cannon be REACHED by human feet.
an artist is a fish. (how fun to think that competition may drive the cat people to eat their own kind.)
an artist is the hand that throws innocence out with the bath water.
artists love babies.
AN artist IS the WAR paint ON the CHEEKS of THOSE who MARCH for PEACE.
an artist is a sad cliché who is fully aware of his unfortunance and yet does nothing but dream about acting against himself.
an artist is one who may draw his vain face a thousand times over and never truly know his features.
An artist hates himself on good DAYS and loves himself during bad MONTHS.
an artist is fickle.
an artist is generally unsatisfied.
he is inconsistent; he is blank expression; he is blunt in his allusions; he is rage wrapped in LOVE.

Artist: an is What¿