Deep inside my shallow mind. | Teen Ink

Deep inside my shallow mind.

December 7, 2010
By merelyacitizen DIAMOND, Waynesville, North Carolina
merelyacitizen DIAMOND, Waynesville, North Carolina
64 articles 2 photos 10 comments

Favorite Quote:
I reject your reality and substitute my own.


Deep inside my shallow mind there lies a well of peace.
Deep beneath that shallow well there lies something underneath.
Underneath that well I dig and dig and find buried my recompense.
Buried beneath I trudge on farther and find nothing to chaste me hence.
Past the images, past the time, across my skewed intellect,
I find something so worthy, so inclined to dissect.
I detach its roots from the depths of my soul, with great toil I bare its load.
I stride, I return up these rickety steps, I walk this beaten road.
Along my journey I encounter many of good, bad and indifference.
I love them fiercely, although they pierce me, but I bury them once again.
Upon my return to the surface, Lord knows I deserved it, there were none respecting of my Pose.
I presumed it to be my presentation, they greeted me with no elation, all that I glanced was A thumbed nose.
None the less I persevered in my impudent desire to be revered; I presented diatribes in Numerous accounts.

My views were insufficient, myself and all that came with it, I spoke and I bled in furious Amounts.
I poured out my heart to them, divulged my every sin, spoke to them of blessed things in Rigorous accounts.
The gave no logical progression, they only begged concession, they desired not my wisdom Or strength.
They merely incited transgression, they learned no valuable lesson, it was among their Benign incantations I vowed to rise against.
For my passions tell a story, of deliberation and of glory, of resurrection and restitution for Many that were lost.
But they rebelled against my workings, thought me to be lurking, though I decided to Instruct them at any sizeable cost.
I granted them merry greetings, their hospitability always fleeting.
They ran rampant with themselves, while I screamed all along.
They nary practiced good, I was hardly understood, but they taught me right where I Belong.