Goodnight, Love | Teen Ink

Goodnight, Love

January 30, 2011
By ListenToTheNonsense320 PLATINUM, Hallandale Beach, Florida
ListenToTheNonsense320 PLATINUM, Hallandale Beach, Florida
44 articles 4 photos 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -Beatrice Evelyn Hall.
"Stones are raw, they blunt my paw, but words will never hurt me." (The Sight, David Clement-Davies) And many more...


Goodnight lady love, I hope your dreams will keep you calm. 
I know life can be so tough, but at least for now you're free from harm.
Dream of me and you'll never be alone, show me a world you've never ever known.
Tell me of the most special item you own, just call me up and i'll always pick up the phone.
I'll sing you a lullaby, i'll tell you a story.
So you can sleep like a baby, and not feel so sorry.
Though distance keeps us apart, I'll visit you when you sleep.
Because I carry you always in my heart, and our memories I always keep.
For now just be ready, dream of
something swell.
I love you lady, and I wish you well.


The author's comments:
I was inspired to write this short poem after I was on the phone telling my best friend a bedtime story as a routine we began not long ago. When I finished I called out to her and all I could hear was her quiet snoring. I wished her a goodnight and hung up the phone. It made me think of how peaceful she sounded, how much I loved her, and how I wished her well.