Perfectly Imperfect | Teen Ink

Perfectly Imperfect

By The_Girl_Next_Door PLATINUM, Elkins, Arkansas
The_Girl_Next_Door PLATINUM, Elkins, Arkansas

~*The mind has but a thousand eyes, and the heart is left with one...Yet the light of a whole life dies the moment love is done.*~

I don’t get it. I don’t get why you’re always putting yourself down. You say you’re ugly, but you are the most beautiful person I’ve ever met. You say you’re stupid and yet you’ve taught me so many things I’d never even thought about. You say you’re a failure, but you’ve definitely won ME over. You say you’re worthless when the truth is I don’t think I could survive without you. I need you! ME! You aren’t worthless because I need you to keep me sane.
That has to count for something…Right?
You’re just altogether amazing! So why can’t you see that? You deserve so much more credit than you give yourself. No doubt about it.
I love you. If you were worthless, do you think I’d be able to say that and mean it like I do? I feel like you think you’re all alone and it hurts because I’m here if you need me and I’m here when you don’t. You aren’t by yourself. I’m standing here by your side and I’m not ever going to leave you. Don’t forget that.
So quit treating yourself like dirt! Quit thinking that anyone could take me away and any given moment because it’s not possible. It will never happen! I’m yours, and that’s not going to change.
It can take ANYONE to catch your eye…But it takes a special someone to catch your heart. YOU are the one I fell for! YOU are the one who’s got my heart! It’s ALWAYS been YOU! You and no one else!
It is YOU I’m going to be with for all eternity. Nobody else. So please stop beating yourself up! It isn’t right. Do you want to know what I love about you? Do you want to know exactly what it was that I fell for?
It was the fact that you’re sweet, handsome, funny, smart, good-hearted, loving, and you love me for who I am and not for my body. I like everything about you. You aren’t flawless and you tend to make mistakes…But that’s what amazes me! I simple adore the fact that you’re perfectly IMperfect.