Storm | Teen Ink

Storm

By UnrequitedHollow BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois
UnrequitedHollow BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois

"Don't expect from others what you wouldn't do yourself."

I stand at the top of a tower built by many, with the sky overhead a dark omen of what’s to come.
The clouds were dark, and the air moist…
And the figure behind me watched intensely, waiting for me to realize the foolishness in what I was doing.
And then the sky poured down its many tears, soon covering the night streets with them.
The moonless night was my friend, for it gave me the sanctuary and solace I so desperately needed.
The figure watched me as I stepped forward, for I felt his angry yet ponderous gaze at my back.
The rain embraced me like a lost son, a lover gone missing for years, and I felt welcome. The cold water splashed on my face and mingled with my joyous tears: For I felt welcomed by the sky.
My bare arms glistened with the sky’s tears, and my bare legs and feet brought me closer to the tower’s edge.
Now I see why she loved the rain so much, as I stand drenched in the sky’s tears, my eyes closed…
And I raise my arms, cold with the winds touch, smiling and embracing the storm, falling…

Myshell.P SILVER, Port St Lucie, Florida

I am a lover without a lover. I am lovely and lonely and i belong deeply to myself.

This is really good (: i like it