Glimpse of Roses | Teen Ink

Glimpse of Roses

By mmhugh BRONZE, Knoxville, Tennessee
mmhugh BRONZE, Knoxville, Tennessee

"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their mind wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible"

A pause. A moment. A breath. A rest.
It can mean the world and your fate. Good or bad. A pause is monumental. A pause can allow the audience to take a breath to absorb the fire of a scene just lived on the stage. A rest can bring the strongest power source to a moment in a song's melody. It almost always means absorption. As if a pause was like a sponge soaking up the memory you will never forget. Hopefully.
A moment lost though, can rid you of a road not taken. Because a pause to long can lead to terrible things. Memories that you wish to forget but they are seared into your mind like hot glue to wood. Your focus lost for an instant too long and the pause becomes restless. Unnerving. The world is not full of picturesque second chances. But I know enough of moments left in the rain to jump at the bait. Even speaking to soon is better then not opening up at all. Miss your chance and you have forever changed the rest and allowed to many breaths to tick by.
A pause is beautiful. Don't be distracted by the tulips and miss out on the glimpse of roses.