Tropical Waters Under Moonlight | Teen Ink

Tropical Waters Under Moonlight

By EPluribusUnum DIAMOND, Woodbine, Maryland
EPluribusUnum DIAMOND, Woodbine, Maryland

"I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead;
I lift my lids and all is born again.
(I think I made you up inside my head)."
-Sylvia Plath

Most flowers wait
Only for the melodic call of the sun
To unveil their gem-like blossoms.
Truly they are gorgeous
As they throw their iridescent hues
To the sparkling aqua sky,
But often those sweetest of color hymns
Are lost amongst the crying winds of day
While soft Nymphaea dearest
Waits, reserved in patient solitude,
For the seductive whisper of moonlight
To show the world
The brilliance of her Flare.

Yeah, I wrote a poem about a flower. I was bored. Flowers are pretty.

SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

I'm glad you've come to like and I'm so glad I liked it too.. :)) Oh God, what confusing words I used in that...hehe....

I lift my lids and all is born again.
-Sylvia Plath

Okay... so maybe not JUST when I'm bored. But that particular day I decided I would meander around google. Me being the random bubble of thought process I am it turned into a poetry spree about night blooming water lilies. I didn't like this poem at first, but it's grown on me a lot since I've come back to it. :) I'm glad you like it!

- Maya Angelou

The only thing I don't like aout this article is your opinion...Come on, ou only write such amazinng poems when you're bored? Yes! Flowers are pretty amd they deserve all the poetry in the world. By the way, Good Vocabulary..

I lift my lids and all is born again.
-Sylvia Plath

Aww, thanks. :333 I write about random things when I get bored.

TaylorWintry DIAMOND, Carrollton, Texas

"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there's a light shining somewhere nearby." - Unknown

You've got a great vocabulary going. Great job; I'm really impressed with this one. I learned about flowers today. (:

I lift my lids and all is born again.
-Sylvia Plath

Thank you! I personally enjoyed the words I used in this one, it was fun to write :)

sakina GOLD said...
sakina GOLD, Chennai, Other

A negative thinker See's a difficulty in every opportunity but a positive thinker sees an opportunity in every difficulty. So always think positive and u'll surely B successful in LIFE.
-Hazrat Ali (A.S)

i liked this one alot,it reallly touched my heart. nice fflow too.