My Marine | Teen Ink

My Marine

August 9, 2012
By Mistreated BRONZE, Cayucous, California
Mistreated BRONZE, Cayucous, California
1 article 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. You playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It’s not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others”.


You’ve been in my heart again and again with you wide eyed grin.
Eyes more beautiful then twinkly stars above my head.
You drive circles around my heart like a race car around the track.
Your arms around me more sturdier than the Statue of Liberty.
You fight for Freedom and for pride and I worry that one day I won’t see your eyes.
Your laugh is a song that I can’t get out of my head.
When you’re gone clouds surround me and I am proud to call you my United States Marine.
I feel that you belong with me,
But you feel differently.
You think of me as a friend and that we can never be.