A Recited Truth | Teen Ink

A Recited Truth MAG

I pledge allegiance
To the flag
Of the United States of America
And to the controversial culture for which it stands
One nation, under whatever deity you choose,
Indivisible since 1965,
With liberty and justice for all who can afford a decent lawyer.

Wow. I never actually thought about changing the words of the pledge. Actually it makes sense. I really like it. So from now on, when a student announces to 'Please stand for the pledge' I will stand and recite this new pledge that represents what we live in today! :)

JamminLove said...
This is a great representation of what the country really is for itself, or actually it's really at least what we try to get it to be.

Lauren2009 said...
great! Love it!

Alarhardt said...
I had a good chuckle. Very clever.

MissMollieH said...
Thanks guys...I'm surprised no one saw the typo, but I guess the most recent 60s weren't very united either. I'm glad you like it so much.

wow. that poem is amazing. i wish everyone could see this poem. the president, future president, the american people, and the whole world.don't stop at teenink, send this to the times! absolutely brilliant

dino pirate said...
this is the most amazing piece of truth i have ever read.

thank you for this

im showing it to all my friends

ems said...
that was fantastic!

amazing! that was truly spoken from your heart, and you could tell. :))

okay, when i read this, (without thinking) began clapping. Not because it was silly, but because it was the honest truth. thank you! someone finally had the courage to say whats been implied for many, many years. THANK YOU!

jaketwaugh said...
That was Awesome, I love the truth! I can't wait to see more of you!

Love it, love it, love it! This is sarcastic humor and you are it's president (or monarch or whatever). I'm showing this to everybody!

Wow that's amazing..and undeniably true. it's almost a poem. keep expressing yourself and hope to see more pieces like thsi from you

kenyon759 said...
Wow. I really enjoyed this poem. I have no critism, just praise! Just thought I'd let you know how amazing this is- keep up the good work! :)