I Wanna Know | Teen Ink

I Wanna Know

By TraceBatWingsAndBrokenStrings DIAMOND, Oshkosh, Wisconsin
TraceBatWingsAndBrokenStrings DIAMOND, Oshkosh, Wisconsin

"This gun has stopped time in its tracks, has altered the course of our fate. Destiny is shattered and timeless. Closed eyes feel the cold winds embrace."
-Avenged Sevenfold

I'm a human being, so, naturally, I want to know.

I wanna know the meaning of believing and the seething of deceiving.
I wanna know emotions and the devotion you gotta have to achieve the believing of those emotions.
I wanna know what feeling is and reeling is, and why they always go hand-in-hand.
I wanna know the sparks of joy and the fires of anger.
I wanna know love, like a bubbly, bursting through the seams-kind of love.

I wanna know the truth behind the tribulations of this great nation, and why they're covered up, done and dusted, and left to rot in the corner with all the other conspiracies.
I wanna know why Saddam Hussein changed the way we behave every day.
I wanna know why I should be fearing a nearing supposed-apocalypse.
I wanna know if the world's going to end in smoke, fire, floods, explosions, erosion, rust, dust, plague, poverty, toxicity, or if it's all just gonna stop some day.

I wanna know about us. The other humans.
I wanna know why a new, fresh mother is driven to dump her newborn miracle in a city dumpster.
I wanna know why a girl who's getting beat just retreats and does nothing stop her fresh bruises form forming.
I wanna know why some poor soul, down on his luck, strolls into a school and shoots six kids.
I wanna know the mindset you'd have to be in to play God and end everything someone else could have been.

I wanna know about nature, and how we treat our mother Earth.
I wanna know how something as simple as a plant can produce its own energy.
I wanna know why the leaves on trees go from green to all sorts of luscious reds and oranges with every passing Autumn.
And I wanna know how these leafy little wonders can also contribute to our survival.
But at the same time, I wanna know why we so blatantly disrespect our mother.
I wanna know why we litter her foundation with McDonalds bags and Coca-Cola bottles.
I wanna know if the oceans are her salty tears, shed for her unloving children.
I wanna know if our cities and metropolises are really just cancer, spreading across our the mangled face of our dear mother.

I wanna know about life.
I wanna know about death.
I wanna know what lies above.
I wanna know what's down below.
I wanna know what's down the road.

There is so much to see, so much to discover.
So much to uncover in this world.
So much, in fact, that I don't wanna know.
Because not knowing is ecstasy.
Not knowing is drive.
Not knowing is the reason we stay alive.

Zoe-22-Turner DIAMOND, Beverly, Massachusetts
oh wow, this is amazing. i like your references to what is going on in this world, it is knowledgable and meaningfull. and all at once, its beautiful