I wanna know~ | Teen Ink

I wanna know~

December 8, 2012
By Army.Strong SILVER, Twinsburg, Ohio
Army.Strong SILVER, Twinsburg, Ohio
9 articles 21 photos 22 comments

Favorite Quote:
"God is great, beer is good and people are crazy"
"Honor, Respect, Bravery; U.S. Navy"
"Have High Winds" -U.S. Navy


I want you to tell me about every person you've ever been in love with - tell me why you loved them, then tell me why they loved you.
Tell me about a day in your life that you didn't think you'd live through.
Tell me what the word 'home' means to you & tell me in a way that I'll know your mothers touch just by the way you describe your bedroom when you were 8.
See, I wanna know the first time you felt the weight of hate & if that day still trembles beneath your bones. Do you prefer to play in puddles of rain or bounce in bellies of snow?
& If you were to build a snowman, would you rip two branches from a tree to build your snowmans arms? Or would you leave the snowman armless for the sake of being harmless to the tree?
& If you would do so, would you notice how that tree weeps for you bc your snowman has no arms [to hug you every time you kiss 'em on the cheek]?
Do you kiss your friends on the cheek?
Do you sleep beside them when they're sad, even if it makes your lover mad?
Do you think that anger is a sincere emotion or just the timid of a fragile heart trying to beat away its pain? See, I wanna know what you think of your first name & if you often lie awake at night & imagine your mothers joy when she spoke it for the very first time.
I want you to tell me all the ways you've been unkind, tell me all the ways you've been cruel.
See, I wanna know more than what you do for a living, etc., I wanna know how much of your life you would spend just giving; & if you love yourself enough to also receive sometimes.
I wanna know if you bleed sometimes through other people's wounds~


The author's comments:
for my lover