logical proof of a colloquial saying | Teen Ink

logical proof of a colloquial saying

By paleteenager PLATINUM, Fountain Hills, Arizona
paleteenager PLATINUM, Fountain Hills, Arizona

if beauty is in the eye
of the beholder, then hell,
you've gotta be blind.
i fail to understand
when you tell me
how you feel and conclude
you must have lost your mind.
i suppose i did, too,
somewhere else along the line
and that's what love can do to you,
one of the traits you will find.
among others, you will see
that love itself is hard to define.
so, it seems that love is
in the eye of the beholder, too,
and so we call it blind.

ephemeral GOLD said...
ephemeral GOLD, Park City, Utah

"All that is gold does not glitter/Not all those who wander are lost/The old that is strong does not wither/Deep roots are not reached by the frost"

I like the dry humor you opened with, and how it slowly turned thoughtful and then ended on what I interpret as a bittersweet tone. That kind of development is important to a good poem. I liked your steady rhythm and your wistful diction, and in gross I thought this was a pleasant poem--good work here.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

that first sentence immediately drew me in. you have the talent of drawing people's attention with the first line. and the title is brilliant as well. i love how you explain this common saying then explain love. 

Metalhead08 GOLD, Port Republic, Maryland

"I'd rather hate you for everything you are. Than ever love you for something you are not. " FFDP "You're born alone and you die alone" FFDP "I wonder out where you can't see, inside my shell I wait and bleed." Slipknot " If youre 555 then I am 666"

Very well done! I like the word choices in the title it defiantly got my attention!