A lovely death | Teen Ink

A lovely death

By The_Doctor GOLD, Canon City, Colorado
The_Doctor GOLD, Canon City, Colorado

“Because while the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this country, isn't there? Cruelty and injustice, intolerance and oppression. And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission. How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror. I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn't be? War, terror, disease. There were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. ”

He woke up with a thousand tears,
A hurt he can’t describe.
He tried to fight away the fears,
A gun found hid inside.

He grabbed a bullet, just needed one,
And loaded it into the gun.
He thought for almost way to long,
So he put on his favorite song,

He started thinking about the past,
Pain, the tears then fell.
He thought then maybe they would see,
If he sent himself to hell.

But then he realized they wont care,
He cocked the gun with great despair,
He knew he’d have to do this right,
He couldn't miss his target tonight,

He dialed up a girl he knew,
To see just one last time.
He thought that love and angels flew,
She didn't give a dime.

He tried to contact friends to talk,
But as he called; his phone they’d block,
He threw his phone onto the floor,
No one gave a $hit anymore,

He put the barrel in his mouth with fear,
It pointed at his brain.
His last thought was, “What if they hear,”
It ridden him his pain.
The gun fell to the floor with a letter near,
A lifeless body, no longer insane.

“This is too who gives a $hit,
I hope that I, you’ll soon forget,
I cannot fight this love discrete,
So bury me, the dirt, six feet,
Mom and Tom and Joe and Sue,
I hope you know I love you too,
I cannot take this pain I feel,
It seems just too unreal.
I’m sorry I wasn't there when you needed,
Don’t think that I’m mistreated,
Don’t think that I did this for attention,
Attention I wont get,
I’m gone for good and good I’m gone,
I hope that I, you’ll soon forget.”

That note shocked us of love and all,
On that day we got that call,
He didn't do it for the pity,
He knew he’d be gone and for that he’s witty,
He didn't do it for no care,
He did it because no one was there,
He lost the love and all he had,
A lovely death that went so bad.

Suicide is such a sad thing. But, sometimes it is the only answer for some people.

The_Doctor GOLD, Canon City, Colorado

Ah, I understand your side of things. But, in some cases, it is an option and answer.

on Jun. 11 2013 at 9:03 am
LoveLostNeverFound GOLD, Freeland, Pennsylvania

My scars don't lead me in the path that I'm headed, they simply remind me of where I've been.

Suicide is NEVER the answer to any problem.. i lost my bestfriend, brother, father and Uncle all to suicide and it tore my family apart... No one knows how much you appreciate someone until they'gone. I understand that things may be hard but suicide should never be an option.