Criticism | Teen Ink

Criticism

By Superhero_Fan SILVER, Tomorrowland, California
Superhero_Fan SILVER, Tomorrowland, California

"Impossible; for How many people did you know who refracted your own light to you?” - Fahrenheit 451

Your writing is choppy,
It lacks a good flow.
Your rhyming is useless;
It's pointless you know.

Your stanzas are long,
And grammatically incorrect.
Your plot is so boring,
I can't stay erect.

You can't count your syllables,
Haikus are a chore.
Your characters are adolescent.
Don't give me anymore!

Though... your story was okay.
I mean, all in all.
Your stanzas were descriptive,
And left me in awe.

Your writing kind of represents,
the vast and stormy seas.
And poems don't necessarily,
have to rhyme with ease.

Adolescent characters,
They're everywhere I look.
And maybe, just maybe,
Yours would make a good book.

This poem is about criticism (obviously). I'm sorry it's not accurate, but I hope you enjoy it anyway!

Thank you!

rand0mteenager SILVER, Yonkers, New York

I like books more than people

I love your poem, it flows greatly and it shows both sides of criticism <3

Thanks Plume!

Thanks!     

Plume BRONZE said...
Plume BRONZE, Milano, Other
FANTASTIC !!!!! the words you chose suited this poem wonderfully!!! well done <3

OldYoungOne said...
Somehow I feel like this was directed at me lol because I honestly give some heart breaking critiques. But that aside i likw how the poem spins the reasons why someone doesn't like a poem into reason why somone would love it just as much. Not much depth but it works. Good job.

Thanks Jade! I appreciate thae five stars. :p

Jade.I.Am ELITE, Fishers, Indiana

“If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose”
― Charles Bukowski

Haha, i like the shift in this poem. Like, realizing the good in everybody's thoughts, even if it isn't how we personally would like them to be written out. I liked this a lot :P 5/5

Thanks Tori! I'm glad you liked it! Thanks for reading it.

tori-gurl PLATINUM, Norwich, New York

smile through everything no matter how bad it gets because it could be worse and if it gets worse well then it can only get better. :)

This poem was extremely good! I really love the idea of your poem and how in the first stanza you say that "Your rhyming is useless; It's pointless you know," but then you rhyme :) the poem was just well executed and I loved it! :D

Thank you, twice! ;) I'm very glad you liked it, and I'm also really glad you haven't seen it anywhere else! That would make me a plagerizer (I'm not sure I spelled that right). Well, thanks for commenting!

StarlitSunrise DIAMOND, Clemmons, North Carolina

"Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing." ~Camille Pissarro

I really do like the idea behind this poem. :) It is interesting, and I honestly can't think of any time I have seen it done before. The ending was quite unexpected, but in the best way! I really enjoyed your optimism. :) Often, I want to write myself off as nothing but an amateur, so it was really nice to read something about the positive side of teen writers. ^.^ Great work! I really do like the idea behind this poem. :) It is interesting, and I honestly can't think of any time I have seen it done before. The ending was quite unexpected, but in the best way! I really enjoyed your optimism. :) Often, I want to write myself off as nothing but an amateur, so it was really nice to read something about the positive side of teen writers. ^.^ Great work! 

Thank you Sam! I appreciate that.

CatchAFallingStar PLATINUM, Pearland, Texas

"If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, it's yours, if it doesn't, it never was." - Unknown

I love this poem because of your word choice and the way you made it flow so nicely. Really well written and I love the metaphor you used, "Your writing kind of represents, the vast stormy seas." I'm giving this five stars :)

Thank you! I'm glad you liked it!

MissExploration BRONZE, Vancouver, Washington

It Can Only Fly When It Needs To.

I love it! 5 stars! Very creative! I like how you change the tone throughout your poem.

Thank you, Hanban! I'm flattered that you liked it!

Hanban12 ELITE said...
Hanban12 ELITE, Lake Worth, Florida

"If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put foundations under them."
Henry David Thoreau

"I fell in love the way you fall asleep; slowly, and then all at once."
John Green

This is an amazing poem that flows perfectly and describes criticism perfectly. One may first find all of the negatives of a poem or story before they find the undeniable positives. This poem shows how even the most pointless works of writing can be looked at through deeper eyes and can be found quite beautiful. Thank you so much for writing this; you really have a talent!

Thank you, Amaranthinium! (Wow that's a mouthful!) I'm glad you liked my poem! Thank you for reading it!

Thank you McKay! *bows dramatically* I'm glad you liked it and thought it was creative! I appreciate you taking the time to read it!