Guitar man | Teen Ink

Guitar man

January 12, 2014
By cpduffy BRONZE, Southport, Connecticut
cpduffy BRONZE, Southport, Connecticut
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Sat hovering over an oak guitar.
The crowds rush by oblivious but he sits there strumming his prized position.
He has emerald green eyes the peer at every passer, he looks like a 70s hippy but is very intriguing, he’s gorgeous, the shaggy unpolished gorgeous.
He has wavy shoulder length dirty blond hair, and a five o’clock shadow beard.
He sits wearing wore down jeans and a dirty white t-shirt.

She struts down the avenue like she owns all of New York City, but in fact she does,
She is one of the most successful real state agents in the city for the main reason she comes from a real state dynasty.
She wears a black tailored Prada suit, with of course her black Louis Vuitons with a red soul.
She wears a ring bigger then Kim Kardashians past two engagement rings, she is engaged to the well know music producer of Justin Bieber, Usher, and many more famous musicians.
She is professional looking with her blonde hair pulled back in a pony tail, she has piercing blue eyes, and beautiful luscious red lips, she looks like a Blake Lively look alike.
She may be from money but she is one of the kindest New Yorkers in the city.

Behind the doors of their extravagant penthouse there life isn’t as perfect as people may believe.
They are both individuals with different goals.
Both nice people but so not in love, they co exist, and are marrying for there image.
Katherine wants to leave him but feels like her family would neglect her and she would lose everything.
Her choice is to marry unhappily or live a no longer extravagant lifestyle.

As Katherine walks her daily routine down Fifth Avenue she actually stops to hear the same homeless man she passes everyday.
She looks in her wallet and throws in a twenty, because she only carries big bills.
The guitar man stops looks up into Katherine’s sky blue eyes and becomes speechless.
It was the woman he has always admires and secretly loved.
She quickly says “I love your music” and walks away.
He sits there like a stone statue and watches her walk away and thinks it all a dream.
This happens for a whole week until she invites him to the Starbucks around the corner.
The walk and end up sitting in Starbucks for hours talking about everything.
The promised to meet up everyday and for a whole month they did and eventually he got a gig at a famous Irish pub in the heart of the city and got a little washed out apartment with her help.
She feel hopelessly in love with this ragged guitar man, they began there secret, risky, forbidden love affair.

With a month until the wedding Katherine was conflicted.
She decided to go through with he wedding and horrible marriage.
But got her husband to sign the guitar man and he became the next John Mayer.
The guitar man was all she ever wanted but she was suffocated by her miserable marriage,
He became bigger then she ever imagined, and Katherine was now a distant memory for Guitar man but for Katherine is was still a hope
There love affair ended soon after he became big, Katherine attended every near by concert hoping to rekindle the forbidden love but it never happened
She would only ever see him in the tabloids or her hopeful dreams
And lived her life always wondered what if…