Ragging Mountains | Teen Ink

Ragging Mountains

By Codemaster096 BRONZE, Overland Park, Kansas
Codemaster096 BRONZE, Overland Park, Kansas

I feel as though I’m being pulled in two directions. Right now I am forced to choose sides. This is of my own doing, of my own choices. I feel as though I’m being pulled in two opposite directions a chasm beneath me as both mountains that I stand upon split apart I must grab on to one in fear of what is at the bottom. People all around me say that they will catch me but despite all the hands they stick out I cannot grab on. I must let go of one of the mountains but I fear if I let go of one I may never see the other again. Both mountains offer many things. One offers a sense of security while the other offers a sense of happiness. Both senses come with a price though. If I chose the mountain with a sense of security I must forfeit my sense of happiness. The security is strong and steadfast and never ending, but as you travel along it you may fall into a hole, the hole feels as though it lasts forever as you struggle to climb back out and continue upon your journey. The mountain that holds happiness is unsure and rocky, but when you travel along its rocky surface you stumble upon an amazing sense of timelessness and those times feel as though they will never dissipate. They feel as though time stops but when they go away you feel lost and broken and you ache until you find that feeling again. I’m split between two ragging mountains and I’m getting torn apart, both offer something that I want but, neither everything that I need. I fear that I shall fall soon into the chasm below. I wonder what’s there but I’m scared to let go.