Angels vs. Devils | Teen Ink

Angels vs. Devils

By JJ_Lone PLATINUM, Davenport, Washington
JJ_Lone PLATINUM, Davenport, Washington

we all have wings they can carry us or let us fall they can love us or hate us they can be long and strong or small and feeble they can be white as light or dark as night the way we get them is the way we are they start out small and as we grow they let us fall or let us fly through the heavens watch out for the darkness for it will pull you and tempt you it will carve into you and brand you go to the light it will shine through you help you in all your needs you can be an angel or you can choose the dark side devils go and hurt angels go and help for everything is up to you you are the change in the world the pain people feel is the devils way happiness the angels say we can all be angels if you know the right ways say the right words dream the right dreams angels protect us devils deceive us angels are light that shine through the night

i wrote this because almost every where i look i see pain and sorrow because of the devils and sometimes i see happiness because of the angels. its you choice to become what you want. you choose.

Crystallite BRONZE, Santa Elena, Other
this is os amazing! i love it, ts so beautiful nice work!

MattMattHatter PLATINUM, Bellevue, Washington

"Poetry is thoughts that breathe, and words that burn. "
Thomas Gray

I like the format and the lack of punctuation it made the piece even more interesting. Also, very good word choice :)

Roiel SILVER said...
Roiel SILVER, YouMayneverknow, Oklahoma

I believe that you should never feel compelled to explain yourself if you know your telling the truth.

i like how you rhyme your poems. i cant rhyme that well  

PhoenixTears GOLD, Stansbury Park, Utah

"Life sucks. And then you die." ~Jacob (Twilight)

This is a very inspiring piece of poetry. Bravo!

Love2Read72 PLATINUM, Kentfield, California

"Life isn’t about how to survive the storm, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.” — Taylor Swift

I like the line, "we all have wings/they can carry us/or let us fall." Very true.

CookieMonster24 PLATINUM, Delhi, Other
I am going to be honest. I think it was an excellent poem, and I love the concept and all. But I think it was a bit predictable, I feel like I've heard it so many times before. But I love the way how you phrased certain sentences. I hope you know that I mean well. I think you're a wonderful writer. Goodluck.

Shade3043 DIAMOND, Shade3043 Did This, In Case Of Anonymous, Other

When I was a boy, I would always hear scary things in the news and my mother would say to me, "Always look for the helpers. Everywhere you look you will always find people helping." - Fred Rogers

Sure it's sorta generic, sure it's sorta predictable, but I like it. You put a unique twist on a tired concept, so I'll give you credit for that. Not bad. 3.5/5

PrinceLion GOLD, Oxnard, California

"When you find a diamond, try to break it." ~ Prince

It is an excellent poem. Well written in your own style... I have noticed your particular style in your writing. It is intruiging and just the way it should be if you see it fit :) Keep it up! I'm a fan ;)

AllSoPlayfulWhenYouDemonize BRONZE, Richmond, Virginia

"Our passion is our strength."
-Billie Joe Armstrong

I love and read everything you write. you are amazing!!!

NOIZTHIMS GOLD said...
NOIZTHIMS GOLD, South Jordan, Utah

"If your eyes could speak, what... what would they say?" -Max (from "The Book Thief")

i really like your work, I don't really have any advice on how to improve it, so, keep at it...

Hells_Will SILVER, Davenport, Washington

"Wrists are for bracelets, not cutting" - Kellin Quinn

good work!!! and keep it up!!!

JJ_Lone PLATINUM, Davenport, Washington
thank you everybody. i am posting 2 more called Dead and Alone and Never Let It Go

I_Love_To_Write BRONZE, New Delhi, Other
I read almost all your works and see great talent Keep up the good work 

HudaZav SILVER said...
HudaZav SILVER, Toronto, Other

"Nothing is impossible; the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" -Audrey Hepburn

I really liked this! Especially the line about how wings can be white or black is a good metaphor. Nice job! very creative