My Minds War | Teen Ink

My Minds War

May 21, 2014
By MimiCakes SILVER, Naperville, Illinois
MimiCakes SILVER, Naperville, Illinois
6 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"No matter what your going through, there is always someone around the world who has it worse than you."
"sometimes you have to push your pride to the side and let things slide"


I remember better times of happiness, Time where i would smile nonstop.
I would be so happy that my cheeks would cramp, times where my eyes would shine brighter than the sun.
You could take one look at me and just know I was filled,filled with a special kind of happy.
It would vibrate in the air, it would sprinkle on you just like raindrops.
Unfortunately my happiness was chased away,chased away by a ghost called depression.
This ghost didn't want me to smile.
He had powers to take my happiness away.
He knew how to chase the girl I once was away and leave a shell behind.
He replaced the smile with cold sadness.
The good news is i still have some happiness left, parts he forgot to take with him.
Yes, it's true that he still visits often, making sure i am not radiating like the sun.
Making sure I am not radiating happy emotion, but i realized something.
Before I had surrendered to him but now?
Now I want this ghost to stop coming.
One day I will defeat him, Depression will be dead and gone from my life.
One day I will defeat him, scare him away.
There's going to be a war, are you gonna help me fight it?
Help me fight it?
I plan on winning this war but I cant do it on my own.
I want to win my old self back, I am tired of being a shell.
Let war begin.


The author's comments:
I have been battling my Clinical Depression for 7 years, and I surrendered to it for so long but no longer will that ghost have a hold on me. I hope that anyone who is struggling with anything similar realizes they aren't alone in the fight.