Let's Be Kids, Again | Teen Ink

Let's Be Kids, Again

October 3, 2014
By EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia
EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia
81 articles 5 photos 1486 comments

Favorite Quote:
To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.


Let's swing our legs

in the breezes.

 

Let's listen to the chimes of twinkling of bottles
clinking, gently against each other.

 

Let's create memories,
like we build sand-castles on the beach.

 

Let's watch the waves,
come crashing down yet coming back up again.

 

Let's view the sunset,
meeting and setting the water on fire.

 

Let's laugh and don't care,
as the sand tangles in our hair.

 

Let's let our smiles,
reach our eyes and shine.

 

Let's be kids, again;
let's play.


The author's comments:

First off, I hope you get the message. But I'm still going to say it outright, okay? O_o MESSAGE TO EVERYONE FROM EMZ AND YET NOT FROM HER: You're never too old, to play. Okay??? People who say so otherwise? -_- Um, they're wrong. I'll repeat it again: You're never too old, to play. o_O You can still be a kid at heart, but you still have to be mature enough to listen and be willing to love and learn. In shorter words, you can still have and must have a childlike heart. O_o I'm telling the truth. And ... *squints hard at everyone* if you think that I'm not talking about you, I am. *squints at EVERYONE* I know sometimes it's hard to play, since most of our world think that playing is too childish. Well, you know what? Sometimes the world, can be and sometimes is childish. So, we can afford to be childish, now and then. We all must have a childlike heart. "Let's be kids again; let's play." *smiles, softly at everyone with happiness* Let's play. 


Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 12 comments.


on Nov. 18 2014 at 11:25 pm
EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia
81 articles 5 photos 1486 comments

Favorite Quote:
To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

Haha. Hey, no worries. You can accuse me for me thinking that sometimes I'm too old to play, too; because I sometimes think that too, for when I was younger I had to grow up earlier than most people. I can be charged guilty for that! XD So, that is why I sometimes still think that I am too old to play, haha. My cousin thinks I'm too serious and people think I'm serious too. I'm still serious, but I think more childlike than before, haha. Hopefully. XP   And also, my friend? Go for the bouncy house! XD Haha, it'll be fun, I promise you that; if you want too. ;) XP :)   And also! Haha, thank you! I'm glad you enjoy my writings and that they are okay. XD :) It means a lot to me. Thank you so much, again! :)

on Nov. 18 2014 at 3:33 pm
Nightingale74 PLATINUM, Beavercreek, Ohio
46 articles 0 photos 152 comments

Favorite Quote:
"When you need something to believe in, believe in yourself."
"A poem unwritten is only a thought; unshared, unsaid..."

Haha I love this poem!! Although...I will admit that I am often guilty of believing that I'm too old to play...but after reading your poem, I really want to re-evalutate that idea...and embrace my inner child!! And speaking of which...I believe my mom said we're renting a bouncy house next weekend ;) Hmmm...opporunity??? ;D Thank you again for posting this poem, I always love reading your writing!!! :)

on Nov. 15 2014 at 7:00 pm
EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia
81 articles 5 photos 1486 comments

Favorite Quote:
To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

Thank you, so much. :)    Also, yes; I can connect to that so much. I sometimes do wish that we could all be kids again.   Thank you, again! :)

on Nov. 15 2014 at 12:17 pm
dgeileen PLATINUM, Livingston, New Jersey
31 articles 2 photos 107 comments

Favorite Quote:
“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.”
― Oscar Wilde

This is such a lovely poem :') I wish we could all return to being kids again. Love your long author's message as well!

on Nov. 4 2014 at 1:54 pm
EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia
81 articles 5 photos 1486 comments

Favorite Quote:
To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

Fantastic! I'm looking forward to it, and I'm sure I'll enjoy it. :) Thank you so much, for telling me that and for commenting on my poem. :) Also! I apologize if my reply is ver late; I went camping, but I'm back. Thank you, again. :)

Onavae said...
on Nov. 2 2014 at 1:49 pm
Onavae, Okota, Other
0 articles 0 photos 20 comments
Hi, just wanted to let you know that I've added another story to the starling and louri series. Nice poem by the way

on Oct. 28 2014 at 11:13 am
EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia
81 articles 5 photos 1486 comments

Favorite Quote:
To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

Oh, geez Luis. I'm so glad you are a firm believer in that, and that you understand. :) Oh, haha; and you're welcome, my friend. You're absoluely, welcome. I am extremely, glad that you enjoyed it and understood the message. And oh! I absolutely, love the quotes by Doctor Who and by Walt Disney. :D Thank you so much, for sharing those lovely quotes and for commenting. :)

on Oct. 27 2014 at 8:12 pm
Outcast4God PLATINUM, Farmersville, Texas
33 articles 2 photos 53 comments

Favorite Quote:
"When I look at the night sky and see the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars you have set in place-- what mortals that you should think of us. Mere humans that you should care for us.
---Psalms 8:3-4

This is great! I'm a firm believer in "acting like a kid". The and the reason I have quotes there is because there are times to act childish and have fun, and there are times to be responsible, and time to do both. And I think you did a very wonderful job of representing that! Thank you so much! :) 'There's no point in being grown up if you can't act a little childish sometimes.' --Doctor Who 'That's the real trouble with the world; too many people grow up.' --Walt Disney

on Oct. 16 2014 at 6:50 pm
EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia
81 articles 5 photos 1486 comments

Favorite Quote:
To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

Aw, thank you! It really means, a lot. And I'm so glad, that you agree! I see so many people my age around me, and they think they're too old to play. It's alright to play; to be honest, it's more than alright. It's fun, haha. Haha, I don't know if I make sense, but I hope I do a little. ;) :) Thank you so much, again! 

on Oct. 16 2014 at 12:52 pm
lastingbreath16 DIAMOND, Lake Alfred, Florida
54 articles 3 photos 70 comments

Favorite Quote:
screw it all if life gives u lemons do what ever you feel the need to do with them.

Your poem was amazing i completly love it and completly agree with it please keep writing that was amazing!  

on Oct. 12 2014 at 10:42 am
EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia
81 articles 5 photos 1486 comments

Favorite Quote:
To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

Haha, I'm so glad that love it, Liv.Harris. :) Haha, this poem is very different from my other poems. Lol, even my mum says it's very different. :P But, when I wrote this down, I was thinking how sometimes we're all too serious; how even I am sometimes too serious, lol. So, I decided to send the message that it's alright to be a kid or have a childlike heart. :) Haha, thank you so much, for commenting and encouraging me, Liv.Harris. :)

on Oct. 11 2014 at 9:04 pm
Olivia-Atlet ELITE, Dardenne Prairie, Missouri
325 articles 10 photos 1165 comments

Favorite Quote:
"To these the past hath its phantoms,
More real than solid earth;
And to these death does not mean decay,
But only another birth"
- Isabella Banks

Awwwww I LOVE this!!! I totally wish I was a kid again... but then again, I still believe in faeries and magic and super heroes... anyway... This is so fantastic!!!!!!! CX Please write some more, you ares o good at it! XD