A Want | Teen Ink

A Want

By Theraforever PLATINUM, Dubuque, Iowa
Theraforever PLATINUM, Dubuque, Iowa

And still I rise.

A want is as common as a thought. A want drives us to be who we see in the mirrior. A want utters bits of our personality. A want allows us to proclaim our values. As a young one, it  would be wrong for me to go on and speak words I cannot support. However, if I did go on, I would write how a want makes the sun shine each day, if the sun did not shine, it would find a way. I would tell of how a want supplies the humming melody we call love for if the melody did not want to be hummed, it would mute its notes. A want can bring bad things too. Howver they are an issue not worth reciting. Humans have made many mistakes on how they built society and what is to be considered normal behavior. One mistake they did not make though, is every human knows a right from a wrong. And with this blessed trait many posses, a want can not be too bad but if it is, it was seen on its way. In conclusion, I will spew last words of wisdom. In those last words I say:

A want is something you can not erase. You have two choices: shun or embrace.

Im not sure what I was thinking when I wrote this, maybe just how the feeling of wanting something really fuels us and can be controling so we have yo decide how to handle it.

kennedyshine PLATINUM, Corte Madera, California

The perpetual pursuit for an unattainable freedom

Beautifull flow and that last line is perfect. I love the rhyming although it could be a little inconstant at times (though I'd be a hypocrite to say so), wow, I still can't get over that last line..!

ceceliajsavoy BRONZE, Tadley, Other

'We are just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year. Running over the same old ground, what have we found? The same old fear; wish you were here' - Pink Floyd

"

really good!