This is how you survive high school | Teen Ink

This is how you survive high school

By Sabrina Davis BRONZE, Des Moines, Iowa
Sabrina Davis BRONZE, Des Moines, Iowa

This is how you survive high school – keep your head down and move through the crowd but don’t forget you’re a shark and could eat this school in a second; This is how you survive high school not by being the bully but the bullied, not by being the voiceless but a voice; This is how you survive high school because you’ve got to come out of here alive, it’s a high stakes poker game it’s Russian Roulette but it’s not the gun that will you it’s the big red F; This is how you survive high school not by being beautiful and perfect but by being messy awkward, weird; This is how you survive high school because God knows you didn’t come here for the food but choke it down anyways like the boss you are; This is how you survive high school – not by Valentines and teddy bears but best friends and lunch time laughter; This is how you survive high school – it’s all too real but don’t soak your pillow now, it’s the home run now, you’ve got it, you’re flying, you’re there!; This is how you survive high school.

This piece was written based off a prompt in my creative writing class to write a once sentence poem which was challenging but fun