Treasure | Teen Ink

Treasure

By TheGreatGizmo SILVER, Haartland, Wisconsin
TheGreatGizmo SILVER, Haartland, Wisconsin

"Any pizza can be a personal pizza if you believe in yourself."

Engraved within the landscapes of this state, a reminisce of the Ice Age remains, 1,200 miles snaking its way through pines, rivers and hillsides. Nature has carved a perfect treasure.
In the spring, light shines through the leaves, giving the forest floor a healthy glow, the plants that surround one’s feet begin to bloom, the air wafts the scent of rain. The whole forest is filled with a various shades of green, breaking away from the snow that covered it once before.
In the summer, nature is at her prime. The forest is alive, her steady heartbeat, pulses through the trees and the streams that flow. The plants grow full, defining the true difference between spring and summer.
In the fall is when S?he shows you the true beauty of her endowment. Leaves turn into a breathtaking red, yellows and orange, as the forest is readying itself for another slumber. The trees shed their colors, decorating the forest floor.
In the winter, you can truly see the skeleton of the forest as snowfall tops the branches and countryside. A photographic beauty that looks untouched by no one but mother nature herself. A delicate polaroid, ready to rise from the snowfall for spring.
A scar in the terrain, showing us more than we ever imagined. Untold stories of people who travel the countryside, hidden within the tracks on the floor. Her artwork on display for all who enter, a treasure breathing around you for thousands of years to come.

This is about the Wisconsin Ice Age trail that runs through my backyard