Free verse poems by teens on a variety of topics | Teen Ink

Free Verse

Most discussed Free Verse Poems

Poetry
comments
By SuNshiNe007 ELITE
Magee Ms., Mississippi

Everyday I sit here re-living the torture. The pain you've caused inside me. The scars will always be there, but you will never care. I look at the storm outside, tha...
SuNshiNe007 ELITE, Magee Ms., Mississippi

Never Give Up, And Know That God Will Always Love You!

Poetry
By Kiki_McGee GOLD
Woodstock, Illinois
Kiki_McGee GOLD, Woodstock, Illinois

"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul - and sings the tunes without the words - and never stops at all." - Emily Dickinson

Poetry
By live.love.learn. SILVER
El Cajon, California
live.love.learn. SILVER, El Cajon, California

The supreme prayer of my heart is not to be learned, rich, famous, powerful, or good, but simply to be radiant. I desire to radiate health, cheerfulness, calm courage, and good will. I wish to live without hate, whim, jealousy, envy, fear. I wish to be simple, honest, frank, natural, clean in mind and clean in body, unaffected - as ready to say I do not know, if it be so, and to meet all men on an absolute equality - to face any obstacle and meet every difficulty unabashed and unafraid.
I wish others to live their lives, too - up to their highest, fullest, and best. To that end I pray that I may never meddle, interfere, dictate, give advice that is not wanted, or assist when my services are not needed. If I can help people, I'll do it by giving them a chance to help themselves; and if I can uplift or inspire, let it be by example, inference, and suggestion, rather than by injunction and dictation. That is to say, I desire to be radiant - to radiate life.
-Elbert Hubbard

Poetry
By xoSamanthaxo GOLD
New York, New York
xoSamanthaxo GOLD, New York, New York

"Forget all the rules. Forget about being published. Write for yourself and celebrate writing."
-Anonymous

Poetry
Poetry
Mourning MAG
By eliana924 GOLD
New York, New York
eliana924 GOLD, New York, New York
Poetry
By xoSamanthaxo GOLD
New York, New York
xoSamanthaxo GOLD, New York, New York

-Anonymous

Poetry
By Susannah Bane BRONZE
Silver Spring, Maryland
Susannah Bane BRONZE, Silver Spring, Maryland
Poetry
By Frozenfromfeels1 PLATINUM
Cinncinati, Ohio
Frozenfromfeels1 PLATINUM, Cinncinati, Ohio

You've stolen me. And I've come to take meself back. - jack sparrow

Poetry
By kate12345me GOLD
Sydney, Other
kate12345me GOLD, Sydney, Other

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth." - Thoreau
"Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again, but life goes on."